• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Regarding about UPO

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hi, I going to buy this UPO: http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=630 but when Inushuk bought it, it was a ETA movement. But unfortunately it now has changed to a Sw200 movement. I plan to mod like Inushuk. But i have question want to ask you guys is: Does this Sw200 movement can put the gen hands and dials? And now I try to PM Uwe about the bezel issue but i can't due to his inbox full. So do you guys know how the bezel issue on 45.5mm resolve by Uwe? Thanks

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
SW200 is also a Swiss movement and is going to be just as good. Plus you know you're getting a fresh, new movement that doesn't have a possibility of being either used ETA or a clone. I think I would prefer the SW200 in a rep.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But can it be mod? Like change the dial, hands? Cus i love the gen dial and hands cus its glows like airport landing light...

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Do u have an idea how much the gen dial and hands cost?
Which mod are u talking about, what bezel issue?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The gen dial and hands should be interchangeable from the sw200 and the eta variations.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
But can it be mod? Like change the dial, hands? Cus i love the gen dial and hands cus its glows like airport landing light...

Yes it can. It's the same as the ETA in both hands and dial feet placement. Sellita is basically a Swiss made clone of the ETA 2824-2.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But which is better movement?Can be Last long? Sellita or ETA

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Since u are still new to high quality reps, just as a word of advice, you should just get the UPO and enjoy it for awhile, before deciding if franken is the way to go, it is not a cheap thing to do.

ETA 2824 or SW200 and even the ST2130 are the same thing.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks for your advise... Btw can you answer to my question? Which logistics service is the best to ship to sin?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Used Cadillac(eta) vs. new Chevy (Selita) you have a good start with the sw200 and it's fresh from the factory. The Cadillac is also very nice but it's history may be a little unclear.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks a lot... You make it more understandable..

If i buy upo, after that i going to buy the case back and rubber strap for it.. cus the gen case back have the small omega globe... Btw i have saw a few thread where they say the gen case back cannot be put in UPO? Is that true? Hopefully not... Thanks

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks a lot... You make it more understandable..

If i buy upo, after that i going to buy the case back and rubber strap for it.. cus the gen case back have the small omega globe... Btw i have saw a few thread where they say the gen case back cannot be put in UPO? Is that true? Hopefully not... Thanks

I think there are many misunderstandings about all the versions of this watch. I bought a new gen 2254 case back for a gen 2254 and my watch maker said it wouldn't fit. Got it back and tried it myself, it screwed on effortlessly. Go figure. Quit worrying so much and buy the thing already. Lol

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey guys thanks a lot... a sigh of relief... i got the shock of my life when i saw other thread where someone comment saying the gen case back wouldn't fit in the UPO...

Currently now what matters me is the bezel... which R2D4 told me the gen bezel can't fit, but Uwe had resolve Inushuk bezel issue...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Btw now i don't plan to buy first cus i now just want to clarify first... I don't want to buy and then can't mod... Thanks

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
gen bezels often will not fit...>>

So just buy the insert.....waste your money elsewhere....

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I am with after market insert also and maybe a gen pearl installation. Don't risk a perfect rotating bezel and since Uwe is the only one who had made the gen bezel swap and now he is out of business i wouldn't risk it...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Unfortunately, the gen bezel insert isn't sold separately.........

If you find one let me know where.