• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Refund Issue

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
Hi, I have a refund issue with HONT.

I am writing today to tell you about an unpleasant incident that happened with Hont.

This is the premise:
On 29 December I paid 288 USD (271 EUR) for a Tudor BB58, which I rejected twice because they had crooked markers. From that moment on Hont stopped being friendly and started saying that I had a problem, that no watch in the world would ever fit me and that he didn't want to waste any more time on me. He then proposed to refund me. I know I was being fussy and I respected his wishes, so I decided to accept the refund by giving him my IBAN for the bank transfer. After a short while, he sent me a photo with Chinese writing (which I don't understand) and told me that the refund had been issued. In fact from the screen even though I don't understand Chinese it all looks transparent and correct. The problem is that it has now been 9 days and I still haven't received the money in my personal account, I wrote to him to ask for more details and to know if he had the transaction code but he replied that he had already sent me the screenshot and that I am unreasonable and problematic. (He said that just as I had problems judging the watches, I also had problems with the transfer).

Beyond the fact that he is very rude, I understand that he is a TD and doesn't seem to be a scammer but I would like to know if any of you can help me figure out how to get my money back. Communication with him is impossible, he is always ready to say it's my fault. I don't want to be right, I don't care. I just want to get my money back. Can someone please help me? (My account is in Italy and I think he made a bank transfer from Lithuania)

I have even reached my bank and there is no bank transfer pending into my bank account.

I hope someone may help me.
Thanks a lot 😁

DiggerOfWatches

Gold Patron
Certified
4/7/19
Down Under
Is this your first post here?

Did you purchase before being a member?

Maybe wait a bit longer and the refund may appear?

Please be cognizant of the many 'transactions' and rejected watches the TD's deal with daily. Especially if they are 'too tiny' to warrant rejection.

Don't take this as a personal dig at you. I hope it works out for you and Hont too.

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
Is this your first post here?

Did you purchase before being a member?

Maybe wait a bit longer and the refund may appear?

Please be cognizant of the many 'transactions' and rejected watches the TD's deal with daily. Especially if they are 'too tiny' to warrant rejection.

Don't take this as a personal dig at you. I hope it works out for you and Hont too.
Hi, this is my post here

Actually it's been 13 days from the refund.

I called my bank and they explicitly told me that a foreign transfer takes two days to arrive.

He claims he did it, he even texted me back so waiting wouldn't change anything, 13 days seems excessive to me. It would be different if he had not yet confirmed to me that he had made the transfer, in which case waiting would help.

I understand I'm a new member here but I've been following the world of replica watches for several years and wouldn't have posted on the forum if I didn't have a serious problem. The fact is that Hont won't give me any information about the transaction. In the screenshot he sent me there is no identification code of the transfer and therefore no way to verify that it took place.

If it would be helpful I am available to send screenshots of the conversation, my account movements or whatever is needed. I am afraid I have been scammed.

rolex4me

often nice, sometimes evil😜
Supporter
10/4/16
So you only register after you have a problem and then expect help here in the forum. Furthermore, you write that you would not have posted in the forum if you had no problems. So this forum is only important for you if you have problems?. my opinion is that you have to deal with it yourself (that's just my opinion). i also always like to hear both opinions to form an opinion. i hope everything turns out well for you (of which i'm sure). good luck in that sense

Reactions: JimmyD750 and Feefo

promax01

Rep watch for life
Patron
Certified
19/11/22
Conus
Hont is TD here, but I saw a few reviews not good about him. I never want to deal with him. My thought 13 days is a little long for transfer. I saw a lot of times Mods step in to help if you are a RWI member. Hope you get your refund soon

CocoaPebbles

Breakfast cereal aficionado
Certified
7/12/21
EU
Usually European bank transfers take a very short time because all banks use the IBAN / SWIFT systems which speeds things up and allow for 100% digital transfers. If he filled in a paper slip then I'd tend to be a bit more lenient since you probably have a couple days for someone at the departure bank to input that into a system, then multiple checks, missing paperwork or possible mistakes, weekends, currency exchange delay... Plus TDs probably have to implement a routing that is probably a bit complex since it's not like they have a business account at HSBC. Normally Chinese NY is later in January though, so I'd say 15 days would be my own limit. Keep us posted.

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Hi there and welcome,
As your issue stems from before you were a member, there’s not much the forum can do to help aside from friendly advise.
I think post #6 is right in saying the refund system is not as quick as you would find in a shop or Amazon. Patience is key.
That being said, are you 100% sure you have been dealing with the real Hont?
There are plenty of scammers who have remarkably close email/url addresses.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
It is generally more difficult to transfer money out of China. The process will take 1-2 weeks, if it is approved by the Chinese bank official. I have clients who work with small Chinese businesses, and getting fund transfer to US is like pulling teeth during Covid period.
Have you considered crypto?

Also, I have bought from Hont before and have had no issues. Never tried to get a refund though, with Hont or any TDs.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
If you just joined RWI to get help from us, you will not be helped. You need to buy things while being a member, not before. Our RWI assistance is not retro-active. Sorry you had this experience.

Last edited:

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
So you only register after you have a problem and then expect help here in the forum. Furthermore, you write that you would not have posted in the forum if you had no problems. So this forum is only important for you if you have problems?. my opinion is that you have to deal with it yourself (that's just my opinion). i also always like to hear both opinions to form an opinion. i hope everything turns out well for you (of which i'm sure). good luck in that sense
Hi,
I don't want to hide that I need help but I was not aware of the forum before I bought the watch. It was recommended to me on reddit and I thought it was the right place to ask for support. I apologise if I expressed myself wrongly. I will continue to be active here in any case. Thanks

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
Hi there and welcome,
As your issue stems from before you were a member, there’s not much the forum can do to help aside from friendly advise.
I think post #6 is right in saying the refund system is not as quick as you would find in a shop or Amazon. Patience is key.
That being said, are you 100% sure you have been dealing with the real Hont?
There are plenty of scammers who have remarkably close email/url addresses.
Yes I'm a Reddit member and I know he's the real one. Anyway i can just wait. Thank you

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
If you just joined RWI to get help from us, you will not be helped. You need to buy things while being a member, not before. Our RWI assistance is not retro-active. Sorry you had this experience.
Hello and thank you for your reply, I am not an opportunist but as I explained in a comment I was not aware of the forum before. Sorry for creating this discussion, I was just looking for some help. In any case it seems to me to be a nice forum to learn many things, I will try to be active.

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
Ahhh indeed.
Hi Greg, thank you for your time. I realise I did not follow the procedures but I was not familiar with this forum. I hope I have not annoyed you but I would appreciate not being made fun of. There was no bad intention on my part.

jeegbot97

Horology Curious
14/1/23
Europe
Which is why your thread has not been deleted or restricted.
Well, thanks a lor. If there is anything I can do to be assisted, I would be pleased. I understand that support is not retroactive but I was just looking for an answer to my case. I hope in the future I can contribute in some way