• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recently Join! First Panerai! (PAM005)

MrM

Horology Curious
7/11/23
Hello! I am very excited, I have been following this forum for many years. I read everything, but I never decided to sign up. Yesterday I decided to buy my first REP, and obviously it was going to be a Panerai.

I was always a fan of all his military history, my family is of Italian descent, and my great-grandfather was in the navy. And in one of his photos he appears using an early PANERAI.

From then on I was always excited about the brand.

I recently decided to join the forum and look for a PAM005. I always loved the simple design.

Thanks to having read this forum a lot, I knew that the manufacturer I wanted was NOOB (However, it closed and opened because of things I read in the forum)
I was able to find a TD that he assured me had one from NOOB in stock.

I can't wait to start uploading photos of the watch here.

The question I wanted to ask is, should I be suspicious that it is from NOOB? Or is there a possibility that you have it in stock?

Sorry for my English! I am from a Spanish-speaking country

Thank you all!!

Reactions: Gill777 and Oilime

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Welcome!

Thanks for posting your story and congratulations on buying your first Panerai replica - the 005 is a really good way to start your journey. Don't worry too much about which factory / version etc just yet - instead, I would recommend you just enjoy getting to know all of the main characteristics of the Luminor and wearing it.

We will look forward to seeing your pictures and contributions here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill777 and Oilime

MrM

Horology Curious
7/11/23
Welcome!

Thanks for posting your story and congratulations on buying your first Panerai replica - the 005 is a really good way to start your journey. Don't worry too much about which factory / version etc just yet - instead, I would recommend you just enjoy getting to know all of the main characteristics of the Luminor and wearing it.

We will look forward to seeing your pictures and contributions here.
Thank you! The truth is that I have been reading the stickies in this section for a long time, which I find fascinating!
Those posts inspired me to want to buy one.
I really appreciate your words and I'm going to start where you told me! Thank you!

Reactions: Gill777

MrM

Horology Curious
7/11/23
The 005 was a great choice for starting your collection
If it was between PAM111 OR 005

At first I wanted to go for the 111 since the machine it comes with (Asian 6497) is a more accurate copy of the OPXI, however the 005 had the OPII, which has differences from the replicas. But I preferred the lid closed at the back and the dial without a sandwich, I hope I don't regret it! The next one if I like it will be the 111.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
Welcome
Recently joined and bought a non Rolex watch. From the first paragraph my guess was you're not from USA and I'm right.
PAM005 is a great watch to begin your rep journey as the movement is very robust, you'll be able to enjoy the watch for a long time.

pauker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/23
Germany
At the moment I'm wearing a Noob PAM005 (V12) - a great rep! I like it better than the PAM111 because of the closed caseback and the better readability. Only the lume of the dial is significantly weaker than that of the hands. Have fun with the watch!

Oilime

Proud daddy
Patron
Certified
31/8/17
🇪🇺
Welcome, good choice and nice introduction.

Panerai, a 111, had been also my first choice for a rep in the 2017 and she is still with me :love:

GPFModDep

Known Member
5/11/13
Welcome to the rabbit hole ...it may begin with an 005 but I'd be surprised if it stops there. Enjoy the ride !

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Welcome and great choice. I've always preferred the sausage dial of the 005 that you purchased because when you turn the watch and view from angles the markers don't disappear like the 111 showing only a blank black dial and instead display vibrantly still showing the characteristic Panerai look. You'll love it when you get it.

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
Welcome and great choice. I've always preferred the sausage dial of the 005 that you purchased because when you turn the watch and view from angles the markers don't disappear like the 111 showing only a blank black dial and instead display vibrantly still showing the characteristic Panerai look. You'll love it when you get it.
I like sausage dial with a thick lume application. I wish they had repped the 753, a 45mm radiomir with thick sausage markers

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
My lord, you have got bitten by the bug.
Reps, Belkin12 reps, straps, Luminors, Radiomirs, it goes on and on…yes, Pam 111 with incabloc (Noob V3? Or was it V4 and later).