• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Reasons on why you wear what you wear.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Anecdote. Airport, security check queue. I happen to be in line after 2 quite elegant businessmen, one in his 60es, the other 40es. After the checks, waiting for our luggage I smalltalk with the older one about the hassle of airport procedures (Frankfurt airport, a nightmare because of staff shortage). Then I ask him:"are you two traveling together?". He answers:"yes, why, how do you know?". "It figures, you're wearing a rolex and your chap a patek." In fact, the old guy had a Sub date, an 80's or 90's issue I'd say, while his friend had an aquanaut I couldn't better specify. I'm quite sure they were gens.
He then smiles, throwing a fleeting glance at my OP BP rep and says:" well, you know, these watches are not made to tell the time, we have mobiles for that, but rather to past the time."

That made me smile for the better part of the day. Remarkable attitude.

Reactions: p0kiri and Nono92

p0kiri

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/11/21
Anecdote. Airport, security check queue. I happen to be in line after 2 quite elegant businessmen, one in his 60es, the other 40es. After the checks, waiting for our luggage I smalltalk with the older one about the hassle of airport procedures (Frankfurt airport, a nightmare because of staff shortage). Then I ask him:"are you two traveling together?". He answers:"yes, why, how do you know?". "It figures, you're wearing a rolex and your chap a patek." In fact, the old guy had a Sub date, an 80's or 90's issue I'd say, while his friend had an aquanaut I couldn't better specify. I'm quite sure they were gens.
He then smiles, throwing a fleeting glance at my OP BP rep and says:" well, you know, these watches are not made to tell the time, we have mobiles for that, but rather to past the time."

That made me smile for the better part of the day. Remarkable attitude.

made me smile too and made me reminiscence those times I bought a blackberry in early 2000s when i had to travel for work and catch those early morning flights with the other big shots at the airport.
fun fact- i still have one! not the older pearl that i first bought but the KeyOne.

BlackBerry and a Rolex- best ever combo at the airport back in the days.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
made me smile too and made me reminiscence those times I bought a blackberry in early 2000s when i had to travel for work and catch those early morning flights with the other big shots at the airport.
fun fact- i still have one! not the older pearl that i first bought but the KeyOne.

BlackBerry and a Rolex- best ever combo at the airport back in the days.

I was sad when my company shifted to apple! Didn´t want to give my blackberry away, too used to it. As of today, I still haven´t got to terms with the iphone...