• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rate this SMP Blue 'Bond'

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm sure the crown is just unscrewed in this pic.
attachment.php

I don't think any rep SMP will pass as Gen to the "Anals" I would rock this.

68Olds

9/7/10
US
I have the Seamaster CO-AXIAL dial ETA2824 version & am very happy with it despite its few flaws. Dial markers have no lume and this...
-dials good (hour markers are often a little more green than gen)
-CG's are too big...(they always are)
-crowns oversized...(they always are)
Yes Q5?, the crown is definitely unscrewed in that pic. ;)

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
The red Seamaster has it pros, but its cons as well. Based on the reviews and photos I’ve seen on the two models (the two models your showing me specifically), I would pick the red Seamaster.

Note:

-I like the pearl much more on the red Seamaster, as long as you can get one with it centered

-You need to get a QC shot of the face dead straight. I believe these all have the same issue with the bezel markers not aligning with the dial. Not something you can fix by adjusting the insert. The numbers are printed off on the insert itself

-Second hand is perfect J

-Omega logo on the dial is wrong, but I could live with it (like I would with the inaccurate HEV valve position)

-Bracelet looks better

-CG’s are terrible, but I’ve seen a thread where an RWI member modded them and they looked much better

-Crowns much better on this one over Silix

-The (coined) teeth on the outer bezel are in the wrong position in conjunction with the pearl (and insert markings in general). The pointy part of the outer bezel should sit above the pearl. On this the coined section does… (easy fix by readjusting the insert)

I can go on, but long story short I would pick this one for $150.00 hands down. Much better looking rep and the ETA has potential for modding gen parts

Very incisive - I couldn't agree more. I had something of a heated email exchange with Michelle today pointing out that the watch is not the one featured on the Silix website. She wanted to charge me a 20% re-stocking fee. The cheek.

Whilst you're online can I quiz your brain on this 'updated' red SMP...

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
UPDATE: Trevor says he has 'sold out' of the model of SMP Red originally pictured. He has now offered me this one:

ALIM2495.jpg

ALIM2497.jpg

ALIM2520.jpg

ALIM2523.jpg

ALIM2529.jpg

ALIM2531.jpg

ALIM2534.jpg

ALIM2534.jpg

ALIM2548.jpg

I have asked him whether it is still Asian clone ETA and sapphire crystal. Has anyone had any experience of these? Is it an ETA copy or a 21J?

68Olds

9/7/10
US
I can see 2836-2 on the movement. Looks like the crown guard is better than mine too.

ALIM2531.jpg

svenkramer

22/1/11
That last one looks great! There are some weak points but the pearl position and cg's look fantastic.
(don't like that the caseback still is wrong and the logo also...)

I had the early one with the red lettering and the problem was that the lumedots turned grey in a couple of months. Really ugly! Had to have it superlumed...

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Nice watch. I love it with the exception of:

Second hand...

All the hour markers are raised but the 3 o'clock...I think gens like that too. Looks weird.

HB212

I'm Pretty Popular
28/4/11
So is that last one the best OOTB SMP? Or at least the best place to start modding?

Hard to tell from the pics, but I think my WBK has a nicer clasp.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
pjsayer, dont forget to post pics when you receive your SMP. I would be interested in potentially getting one too!

Omega_007

Horology Curious
31/8/11
I've got that last red version but in 21J, in fact I'm wearing it now.

Mines on a nice Hirsh blue shark strap.