• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
Sounds like a lot of political posturing... Things will be back to normal for the rep world... Just may take a little longer this time.

Diplomatico

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/16
EU
What you are saying does not make sense. "it's only illegal in a very few countries to own and purchasing a counterfeit item " !!!!!!!!!!!. How come there is a huge amount of effort and expense to get them trough customs then? If they are not illegal there wouldn't be a problem. I personally don't know of ANY country where it is legal to buy and receive a counterfeit item.
At the same time i would be more worried about the rep watch forums as their names are plastered all over the TDs pages.

Easy now. The items can be confiscated but you as the buyer can’t be prosecuted. Big difference.

manuelmay

6/12/18
What you are saying does not make sense. "it's only illegal in a very few countries to own and purchasing a counterfeit item " !!!!!!!!!!!. How come there is a huge amount of effort and expense to get them trough customs then? If they are not illegal there wouldn't be a problem. I personally don't know of ANY country where it is legal to buy and receive a counterfeit item.
At the same time i would be more worried about the rep watch forums as their names are plastered all over the TDs pages.

It depends on what you think when you say illegal.
In Italy for example if you buy for yourself is what we call illecito amministrativo (administrative offense more less); that means that sometime they can seize your counterfeit good and give you a fine. And that’s all

stepanok

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
It depends on what you think when you say illegal.
In Italy for example if you buy for yourself is what we call illecito amministrativo (administrative offense more less); that means that sometime they can seize your counterfeit good and give you a fine. And that’s all

So it is illegal

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
In Germany for instance it is not illegal to possess a Rep. It s only forbidden, to make business with them.

We are playing with words here. I lived in Hamburg for a while and believe me each time a watch reached customs i just HOPED that the "10$ headphones" i had bought would go through customs. Once they didn't!

Last edited:

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
Easy now. The items can be confiscated but you as the buyer can’t be prosecuted. Big difference.

So i am not allowed to receive a counterfeit watch. If they find it in customs they confiscate it. because it is NOT legal. Obviously if i receive it, i can wear it and no one can prosecute me. And the real reason that they cannot prosecute, although i am sure they would if they could, is that they cannot PROVE without reasonable doubt that i new it was a counterfeit.

Last edited:

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
We are playing with words here. I lived in Hamburg for a while and believe me each time a watch reached customs i just HOPED that the "10$ headphones" i had bought would go through customs. Once they didn't!

No, we are not playing with words. You can go the Police with your Fake Rolex, that is no problem. If a thief steals it, the household insurrance even has to pay the "fair value". There is NO LAW in Germany, that forbids the possession of Replica Watches.

Like I allready mentioned, the trade is a different thing. But that is not criminial law but civil law. You are even allowed to import a Rep from your holliday, if you enter Germany via an Airport and the watch was not more expensive than 430 Euro. Unfortunately this does not apply for internet purchases ;-)

Reactions: P..DR..D

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
In your opinion, if the current situation continues for others two / three months, what could be the scenario?

M2M stalled?

go back to playing with Franken starting from economic watch?

what do you expect?

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
I was once arrested for my rep. The policeman had a lupe in his pocket and has seen rhe misaligned rehaut on my VSF. 3 months jail and 12k money to pay. Was a hard time..

You got jail time for not being able to read i am afraid. Within 3 months perhaps you know the basics if you studied hard, but that's about it. Keep trying.....

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
No it isn’t, no one will question you about your watch or seize it on your wrist. I think you’re very paranoid, in this case the best for you is stay out of this hobby

I dont think you judge properly. I have zero worries about the 30+ watches i have bought during close to 10 years now and never ever had. It was about the definition of the word. I said illegal in the same way that driving through a red light is illegal. I am not saying or said anything beyond that.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I was once arrested for my rep. The policeman had a lupe in his pocket and has seen rhe misaligned rehaut on my VSF. 3 months jail and 12k money to pay. Was a hard time..

You forgot to mentioned the showers, don't forget what happened when the soap dropped. End of days sh!t, all because of a misaligned Rehaut ;) sh!t got real, fast :D

Last edited:

stepanok

Banned
8/12/13
You forgot to mentioned the showers, don't forget what happened when the soap dropped. End of days sh!t, all because of a misaligned Rehaut ;) sh!t got real, fast :D

Your quick to jump in for any "clever " comment. 50 + comments a day ( day in day out is quite a lot ) to keep up to. Did you really find the comment remotely funny??....anyway......to each his own

Last edited:
Reactions: Lariram