• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Radiomir wire loops

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I've learned something, I must have quite a few "lost" connectors, and I guess I'm going to go and find them with a toothpick now! Lol

But also, I ve never had a problem with any of the replaced straps with no connector piece

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
If You are looking for lost connection pieces, they were LEFT inside in the original strap. The watch smith did not know what to do and what to expect. When replacing straps You have to actually push out connection pieces out of the strap. The watchsmith left them there.

Use toothpick to push them out :)

Polonus is right.I've just pushed out the connection pieces from my old strap with a needle.

Polonus is great ! ... and a profet LOL

We are very proud to have it in our PCTeam !!

Really useful !!
THANKS

ALE

I've learned something, I must have quite a few "lost" connectors, and I guess I'm going to go and find them with a toothpick now! Lol

Sharp!
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

sgist

Looking Around
19/5/12
The strap had an entirely different problem. I bought the same cordovan strap from Europelli, installed it on my 380, and in one day the strap fell apart. The stitching and glue just disintegrated. After I removed the strap, the other end that held the buckle also just fell apart. It was just a junk strap.I called Europelli and he said that he had problems with those straps because they were machine sewn. He said the cure was a handsewn strap.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
The strap had an entirely different problem. I bought the same cordovan strap from Europelli, installed it on my 380, and in one day the strap fell apart. The stitching and glue just disintegrated. After I removed the strap, the other end that held the buckle also just fell apart. It was just a junk strap.I called Europelli and he said that he had problems with those straps because they were machine sewn. He said the cure was a handsewn strap.

Please sgist, clarify you are talking about your strap and your experience not about the O.P. strap and his issue.

IMO, you should have started your post as follows:
"MY strap had an entirely different problem..... "

ALE

sgist

Looking Around
19/5/12
Having bought a Pam183H from Precious Time I decided to give it new skin. Ordered a Europelli cordovan strap and took it to local watchsmith for removing the old and fitting the new......Having worn my new pride and joy only on a handful occaisons the europelli leather came away from the wire loop. The weak quality of the strap surprised me since I read much praise for the strap from other users.

Having had the same experience, I interpreted the op as stating that the strap was weak and came away from the wire loops. While I have had wire loop issues, in this case, I experienced a failure of the strap unrelated to the wire loops, which may have been what the op experienced. If I am wrong, I apologize as I did not intend to hijack this thread in any way.

I included a picture to show you two cordovan straps that I bought for my radiomir. One worn once, and the other not yet mounted. If you will reread the op's post, you will see that he was talking about the same issue before he began questioning the wire loop attachment, tubes, etc. I believe that my post was germane to the issue.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Having had the same experience, I interpreted the op as stating that the strap was weak and came away from the wire loops. While I have had wire loop issues, in this case, I experienced a failure of the strap unrelated to the wire loops, which may have been what the op experienced. If I am wrong, I apologize as I did not intend to hijack this thread in any way.

I included a picture to show you two cordovan straps that I bought for my radiomir. One worn once, and the other not yet mounted. If you will reread the op's post, you will see that he was talking about the same issue before he began questioning the wire loop attachment, tubes, etc. I believe that my post was germane to the issue.

No, sgist
Don't misunderstand my post !!
I would like only clarify the situation !!

You can post what you want, this is a free forum of course

If you thought you had the same issue as O.P. you must to say it.

Thanks for your opinion, re-reading the O.P. post maybe the issue is similar. I don't know, we will wait for the O.P. comments

Sorry
ALE :)

DARKEST

5/4/06
My original post centred on the wire loop issue allied to the question of whether its improper installation by the watchsmith lead to or contributed to the Europelli coming apart at the seams. My opinion is that it was a contributing factor but not an absolute reason, If that were the case then my other piece of strap would have seen the same level of damage which it did not. My limited sense of engineering tells that if there is movement in the wire loops due to the omission of the centre connection then the inevitable twisting taking place during wear on the wrist will no doubt cause a push and pull effect on the seams of the strap causing in them a weakness. Although having stated this, I as a user of the Europelli think its original quality of construction is poor, a fact that was confirmed to me by a reputable local leathersmith who told me there was not enough leather at the margin where it is sewn to repair it. In my opiinion a quality product in any walk of life has a window of oppurtuinty for repair or rework but this Europelli did not have that charecteristic built into it.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
I have checked the first of my PAM183 straps - and there is NO connector piece in there...