• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of Clean Factory New Daytona 116500 Black Ceramic Insert vs. Gen

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
This one was taken directly in place of origin by a travelling friend of mine. He bought this and also the 116519. I had both in hands and decided to take the Panda one, but the 116519 have a GREAT dial.
Anyway, I noticed the difference in the bezel between them (both from Noob), especially the UNITS PER HOUR that was "bigger" on the 116519, exactly like yours. Honestly I can't say wich is gen like, bigger or not.

And I saw also another thing: the inner part, that is near the crystal side, have a bevel on mine that is not visible on the 116519 with bezel like yours. I also saw this bevel on gen watches, but looking in the comparison between the GEN and CLEAN bezel, I can't see it on both.

Tried to catch it in photo...

20df7033e5ddd4ca4ca2a10c24d96c4e.jpg

18b3e842238577790b5cce75967297a3.jpg

place of origin? are you sure this is even a noob with a4130? i also wonder where you saw that bevel in gens. gen bezel doesnt have a huge bevel like that, but the edge is ever so slightly more rounded.
sorry but yours looks like one of those inaccurate aftermarket bezels.

here is my noob bezel compared to gen side by side

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
place of origin? are you sure this is even a noob with a4130? i also wonder where you saw that bevel in gens. gen bezel doesnt have a huge bevel like that, but the edge is ever so slightly more rounded.
sorry but yours looks like one of those inaccurate aftermarket bezels.

here is my noob bezel compared to gen side by side

You’re not so nice in you answer.
I also noticed you didn’t gave me the time to edit the post, that you answered immediately, because I wrongly stated that I saw in gens, when I wanted to say the opposite, that’s way I removed the sentence from post.

Anyway, YES, is a Noob with a4130 and was bought in china. Do you know that the place of origin is China for our rep or need to explain this?

bah.

Reactions: M Scott

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
didnt mean to offend. but you said yours is noob v2.2, which is find very odd because noob doesnt come with that bezel. and v2.2 should be just the name for the updated dial.

id like to know more about that watch. does the chrono and all subdials work?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
didnt mean to offend. but you said yours is noob v2.2, which is find very odd because noob doesnt come with that bezel. and v2.2 should be just the name for the updated dial.

id like to know more about that watch. does the chrono and all subdials work?

according to you why am I asking so many questions about it? this bezel also seems strange to me, but it is a noob with the 4130 and obviously everything works.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
im curious can you make a pic with all subdials advanced?

No, to me you’re not curious. To me you are just malicious and want to demonstrate something that is only on your mind.

This is for your Sherlock appetite:

bfe369a9af439a9027405f41edae2820.jpg

And this will be the last message I’ll exchange with you, because it doesn’t look like a constructive dialog and I don’t have to explain anything else.

Sorry to OP for the Off Topic.

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
i dont understand why you get so offended. i made a post about crystal height and you came out of nowhere saying my watch isnt v2.2 then you show me a daytona with aftermarket bezel.
just wanted to make sure we have the same watch for comparison since its unclear if you know what you are talking about.

anyway back to my original topic, gasket height needs to be shaved. i think your crystal appears shallower because of different bezel thickness and angle.
if thats the case, it wouldnt be nice to discover that after you installed the clean bezel.

to verify that id have to ask you to measure the total height of the watch and show the rehaut but you will probably get offended again.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
ginopino bro see that guy is high AF and doing his research so relax lmao
anyway, I think the biggest tell could be that red DAYTONA text. What you tink?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Stock bezel that came with the watch, noob v2.2 due to the thinner subdial.

Hey mate, mind measuring the watch thickness with a caliper? The bezel looks strange yeah but there is the R with serif.

A little pic of the case back would be great too !

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Bezel looks like the OMF one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Along with the sharpness of details and overall quality.

Some say the Noob dials are "good enough", but a number of people who have seen both in person, have gone to the extra expense and effort to switch to an ARF dial.

I had both in my hand and it is worth going the extra mile

Reactions: M Scott

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
ginopino bro see that guy is high AF and doing his research so relax lmao
anyway, I think the biggest tell could be that red DAYTONA text. What you tink?

I appreciate the feedback for the other guy, but there is more than way to say something and what I “received” was a little presumptuous towards me.

anyway, yes the red Daytona text is not the best part of the dial, but fortunately is so small... I can live with it

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Hey mate, mind measuring the watch thickness with a caliper? The bezel looks strange yeah but there is the R with serif.

You took the point, finally someone: the bezel got the Serif “R”!

yes I can measure it tomorrow.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16

Found time this evening

c50e16494e340374b3bef8315571ec63.jpg

d3e2b307ab6865c0dec595d7945adab7.jpg

ecafb4e26295ed3ab23cb18bc5319c97.jpg

iceberg1459

Renowned Member
Certified
27/3/08
thanks for the pic. so its a noob after all with a strange bezel. as i guessed the bezel shape makes the crystal look lower.