• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question on paypal/Ebay dispute.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Ill provide all the proof I have and see what happens. So according to PP I have to isnure the item if its over $250.00 . In that case Ill mandate it on future sales..if any.

techlogik

16/7/09
Well it was a $350.00 item The insurance is optional and did not hqve tracking other than the customs # on the form. Tne USPS online service stated that the package was accepter at my post office. From there the dopes at the USPS or HK post lost it. So I will have to eat the $? Should I escalate this to a claim? Not like it matters the funds are hostage now.

Yes, here is the catch 22, this is why PP sucks. First the shipping issue, then your money is hostage. They always side with the buyer.

Shipping overseas is a mess. I avoid it at all costs.

The only way to get this type of delivery is via EMS at USPS Air...and depending on the package, it could be $35-50 to ship it. I went there just the other day to ship a crap watch back to China from a dealer, and the person at USPS, two of them, really had no clue how to send something there. It will be a miracle if it arrives at all.

But hey, I paid the extra money, the dealer is going to owe me if it never shows up, I have a tracking number and confirmation now after it left my hands.

I digress...

Otherwise, that custom form number is probably worthless honestly.

Good luck and give us an update. It is always a crap shoot how these turn out.

I am thinking of jacking up prices on everything now when using PP, just to get some of your time/money back from the hassles of their service.

Either that, or switch to moneygram.

There is no other way to track a package via USPS unless you do this.

Since it was a dive thing, and not a rep watch...Fedex slowest/cheapest would probably be the best way to go. But you have to pad the $30 extra in shipping in the price.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
were in a hold for another 2 weeks to see if it pops up
. could it take 8 weeks with priority?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i have shipped watches for repair back to china with priority that took 12 weeks before. their mail system isn't consistent in my experience. it's about like south america. it will reach their shores in 4 days and go into limbo.

reeder139

14/4/09
This is directly from the Paypal website tonight... They still do require ONLINE proof of delivery AND signature confirmation for transactions over $250.
Unfortunately, in this case... you will lose the claims process.

Proof of delivery

Proof of delivery is acceptable documentation if a buyer files a claim, chargeback, or reversal for either an unauthorized payment or merchandise not received. You need online tracking information from a shipping company that:

1. Shows the status as delivered.
2. Shows the date of delivery.
3. Includes the recipient’s address, showing at least the city/state or ZIP code (or their equivalent).
4. For payments of $250 USD (or local currency equivalent) or more, includes proof of the recipient's signature to confirm delivery.

I have recently been a victim of this. I sold a shirt on Ebay to a man in Germany. He claimed it never arrived, My shipment did not have tracking and so I lost the dispute.

Simple, thankfully mine was only £17.

If you sell abroad using Ebay and Paypal, Insure, Get online tracking and only send to confirmed addresses. That way, you're covered for all eventualities.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Well...a little luck.

Well it seems my Hong Kong friend had his package arrive today. he could have been less honest and went with "I never got it" and would have beat me out of the $350.00.

Lesson learned and insurance now with everything over $350.00 (except rep watches)

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Wow, that's great news. :)

And it's a lesson for everyone who buys watches for Christmas gifts that shipping around this time of year can be astronomically slow.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Well it seems my Hong Kong friend had his package arrive today. he could have been less honest and went with "I never got it" and would have beat me out of the $350.00.

Lesson learned and insurance now with everything over $350.00 (except rep watches)

Glad it showed up! :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
glad he got it. i also found out as a buyer i don't have to waste my money on insurance (especially on these sellers that charge 60.00 for 6.00 worth of shipping). who would have guessed it?

glad it worked out man! :)

CBR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/07
Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. INSURANCE and DELIVERY CONFIRMATION with signature for all items over $250 and you should be safe!