• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about the Miyota in my B&R

vaquerito

1/11/15
Hi,

I bought the Pratt B&R that was recently on M2M and I love it. This one:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/br-1-92-pratts-no-64-numidium-moded.382256/

These frankenized shipwreck watches are my thing.

I have a question about the movement and would like advice. It's apparently got the Miyota (I don't have the right tools or expertise to look myself) and the time runs fine. But the movement can be loud at times, and the reserve is only about 6 hours. Doesn't make it through a full night's sleep.

My questions:

1. Is this something that could be serviced and brought back?
2. What kind of reserve should I expect from a healthy Miyota?
3. Are there upgrades or alternatives that I should think about?

and

4. To get the fix, does anyone have a suggested member that could I could hire for this? (I'm in the Bay Area of California, no watch guys here will touch this stuff, sadly).

Thanks!

Goodwood

Known Member
30/1/11
If it is a Miyota it is one of the most reliable movements. Many Miiyota movements do not have a wind function but the movement is for the most part bullet proof. Enjoy the watch, and movement and do not worry about service or the power reserve. I have over 200 reps with various movement and never had an issue with a Miyota. The power reserve is not an issue compared to the other issues you could experience. In the rep world, if it is not broken don't fix it.

Goodwood

Popham

Horology Curious
17/10/15
I just fixed the loud rotor issue today in my Zenith Pilot with Miyota 9015. Was really annoying before. Otto Frei is in Oakland and has Mobius D5 oil for $40, rodico for $9, and even 9010 if you want to try to do some more work. I just carefully put a tiny amount of D5 on the rotor bearings, wiped away excess with rodico... nice and quiet. And it was LOUD before. Really not that hard at all. If it needs more, you might consider sending it to Strodda or one of the other trusted repair guys for a good cleaning and oiling.

vaquerito

1/11/15
I just fixed the loud rotor issue today in my Zenith Pilot with Miyota 9015. Was really annoying before. Otto Frei is in Oakland and has Mobius D5 oil for $40, rodico for $9, and even 9010 if you want to try to do some more work. I just carefully put a tiny amount of D5 on the rotor bearings, wiped away excess with rodico... nice and quiet. And it was LOUD before. Really not that hard at all. If it needs more, you might consider sending it to Strodda or one of the other trusted repair guys for a good cleaning and oiling.

Great advice, thank you!

D

d4m.test

@vaquerito I recently bought BR watch with miyota and i have a power reserv near to 31h.
Miyota is a good safe motorisé for me...