• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quest for an accurate Carrera Chronograph Tachymetre CV2014?

automatics

4/11/10
Hi folks, I've been shopping high & low for a good rep for this model. Love the red hands. Read colinmgzt's wonderful comparison as well.

Entry USD68-100+, gives you either Quartz, Matte Bezels, thin casings & Solid Casebacks.

The higher grade reps, looks like they all sit about USD218-298, depending on where you buy from. They all have pretty spot on case/dial/straps.

The transparent caseback is where things start to fall apart a little. Some obvious tells, that an amateur (like me) is able to spot.

- Rotor Movement Bearing. They appear to have fixed it to match the Gen. At least for the more expensive 248 & up samples.

- But those with right Rotor Bearings have..... YES, BLUE Screws.

Not sure why the continual fascination with non-realistic blueing of screws.

A bit like how some Speedmasters continue to have clear casebacks
Despite the Gen not having the same

Most things are good to let go, but BLUE Screws. *sigh*

So close yet so far....

What do you guys think?
Have you seen any samples that've got both the Bearing & Plain Screws correct?

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
I'm not aware of any having the normal stainless screws. I'm sure you could go through and replace them with stainless if you thought it necessary.

However, I would say that I have a CV2014 from Marvellous Replica and it is very close to gen. I've compared it in person and I could only notice a few differences, which I would never notice without them being side to side.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
This deserves a bump. However, I have no idea. Someone knows though. :)

automatics

4/11/10
thanks. keep the responses coming... As mentioned it's a quest! :)
true you can swap out the screws, though a noob like a me hasn't quite found the right watchsmiths in my area to do that yet.
and i guess if one can find a good one out of box, why not?

the previous editions, still on sale with the trusted dealers.
do have the normal stainless screws...
i'll try to get some pics up.

automatics

4/11/10
Don't get me wrong.
They're still beauties, but it's a shame cos it's such an easy fix.

Gen
cv2010-ba0786_10.JPG

vs. (In descending price order)

Rep - Wrong screws
3251-17688-thickbox.jpg

Rep - Wrong bearing + wrong screws.
851-1416-thickbox.jpg

Rep - Wrong bearing
3197-17343-thickbox.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
true you can swap out the screws, though a noob like a me hasn't quite found the right watchsmiths in my area to do that yet.

Just send it to Katt, he'll fix it up for you no problem! :) He's here on the forum, and has a ton of satisfied customers...

automatics

4/11/10
Just send it to Katt, he'll fix it up for you no problem! :) He's here on the forum, and has a ton of satisfied customers...

Came across his name. Sounds like he does good work. :)
He doesn't happen to be in Asia does he?

artDR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/09
I just ordered my Tag (grand Carrera) from Tony at asian7750.com. I purchased a hublot from him several months back and I am very happy with the service and the quality. Everything is 10% 7750 off for the next few weeks. He sells the whole line of Carreras for $208 ( and 10% off that price).

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=92&P_id=310&ti=

This particular one has silver screws, but some of the others have blue. Once you order the one you want, He should be able to get one with SS screws.

automatics

4/11/10
I just ordered my Tag (grand Carrera) from Tony at asian7750.com. I purchased a hublot from him several months back and I am very happy with the service and the quality. Everything is 10% 7750 off for the next few weeks. He sells the whole line of Carreras for $208 ( and 10% off that price).

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=92&P_id=310&ti=

This particular one has silver screws, but some of the others have blue. Once you order the one you want, He should be able to get one with SS screws.

Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out.
They're not an RWI trusted dealer right?

How's your experience with them been.
Did you receive your Carrera yet? Pics would be great...

artDR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/09
They ate a repgeek trusted dealer. I received my hublot in 6 days last time.

Correction **they are

MLAM

Looking Around
27/2/11
Sorry to dig up an old thread,

I noticed the link to the Carrera posted by artDR, the price seems very cheap compared to other dealers who are charging $238 for what looks like the same watch, am I missing something?

needawatch

Horology Curious
15/1/11
There is a thread on Repgeek that you are asking about. Lots of favorable reviews of that watch at a that price...

automatics

4/11/10
i'm not sure which Carrera you're referring to.

But given the movement is exposed for the Carreras.
The biggest giveaway is the blued screws.

Some folks are fine with that, so it's up to you really.
Others have suggested that it's a relatively easy fix.

MLAM

Looking Around
27/2/11
i'm not sure which Carrera you're referring to.

But given the movement is exposed for the Carreras.
The biggest giveaway is the blued screws.

Some folks are fine with that, so it's up to you really.
Others have suggested that it's a relatively easy fix.

I was referring to the Carrera Racing Edition Chronograph, from what I gather they are still coming through with blue screws but the regulator is now on the movement.