• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QF 126529 LeMans review - gain weight vs steel

wei915

Getting To Know The Place
21/10/19
You are correct, it looks different in the sun and has a white gold hue on it. Hard to capture pics, the reason I did not mention it.
Do you mean the tungsten version or the SS version has a white gold hue?

Cubatobaco

Horological Specimen
Supporter
Certified
24/6/24
VA
I’ve said this before, but it seems this model actually looks like it has a “white gold hue” as opposed to the regular SS look? Am I correct in this? Thanks for your confirmation.
This was the first thing I noticed when I received mine. The WG look is very prominent. At least compared to the other SS oyster's that I have.

In regards to the pushers and angles, I knew I wasn't crazy. I couldn't find a single thing any different from rep to gen. Glad someone confirmed that I wasn't crazy.

You see that @trickstar911? ;)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Do you mean the tungsten version or the SS version has a white gold hue?
In sunlight, the bracelet of the gain version exhibits a faint bluish hue, a characteristic often seen in white gold jewelry. White gold is usually plated with rhodium to enhance its shine and durability, and under certain lighting, this plating can create a subtle blue tint. However, this effect comes from the rhodium coating, not the white gold itself. Without the rhodium, white gold tends to show a slightly yellowish tone due to the natural color of the gold underneath.

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
What is the weight of the genuine model?
hLUKhS.png

jtks

Getting To Know The Place
25/5/20
In sunlight, the bracelet of the gain version exhibits a faint bluish hue, a characteristic often seen in white gold jewelry. White gold is usually plated with rhodium to enhance its shine and durability, and under certain lighting, this plating can create a subtle blue tint. However, this effect comes from the rhodium coating, not the white gold itself. Without the rhodium, white gold tends to show a slightly yellowish tone due to the natural color of the gold underneath.
so this QF tungsten is factory-plated?

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
FYC tungsten hue vs the regular SS versions
BTF on left
Clean flagship in the middle
QF tungsten version on the right

All bracelets had been treated with oil bath for 2 days, ultrasonic cleaning and polished by @hungaryrolex

Artificial inside lightsource and natural outside cloudy: observe the cool deep stylish tone

Last edited: