• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QF 126529 LeMans review - gain weight vs steel

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
About the GEN

The Rolex 126529, also known as the Cosmograph Daytona, is a striking addition to Rolex’s renowned Daytona collection, blending luxury and high-performance watchmaking. Released in 2023 at the 24 hour Le Mans race, this model comes in a stunning 18k white gold case and bracelet, exuding elegance while retaining the Daytona’s sporty DNA.

The 126529 stands out with its sleek, polished finish and refined proportions. Its 40mm case size strikes the perfect balance between modern and classic dimensions, making it versatile for different wrist sizes. The black dial is accented by red Daytona text, contrasting beautifully with the white gold markers and hands. A hallmark of the Daytona, the tachymeter bezel, made of black ceramic, adds to its motorsport heritage while maintaining a timeless aesthetic.

True to its Daytona roots, the 126529 features a chronograph complication with three sub-dials, allowing for precise timekeeping in racing or other timing activities. The pushers on the side of the case operate the chronograph smoothly, while the screw-down crown ensures water resistance up to 100 meters. In a special homage to the 100th anniversary of the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans race, the hour counter of the Rolex Daytona QF 126529 has been modified to track a full 24-hour cycle, rather than the traditional 12 hours. This adjustment reflects the essence of endurance racing and pays tribute to the iconic Le Mans event, where competitors race non-stop for a full day.

This thoughtful change to the hour counter not only enhances the watch’s functionality for motorsport enthusiasts but also emphasizes the historic connection between Rolex and endurance racing. The Daytona, long regarded as a symbol of precision and performance, aligns perfectly with the spirit of Le Mans, one of the most challenging and prestigious races in the world.

With this special 24-hour feature, the 126529 becomes more than just a timepiece—it transforms into a collector’s item that embodies both Rolex’s rich heritage in racing and its celebration of one of the sport's most momentous occasions.

While its precious metal construction lends a sense of luxury, the watch remains highly wearable due to its ergonomic design and relatively light weight for a gold watch. It pairs equally well with formal attire or a casual, sporty look, adding versatility to its appeal. The Oyster bracelet, with its blend of brushed and polished links, offers both comfort and style.

The Rolex 126529 is an exceptional watch that merges Rolex’s rich heritage in motorsports with modern watchmaking advancements. Its luxurious materials, precision engineering, and timeless design make it an outstanding choice for both collectors and those seeking a top-tier chronograph. While the price reflects its premium construction, the watch’s blend of luxury, performance, and iconic status makes it a worthwhile investment for any serious watch enthusiast.

hyzeCL.jpeg

hyzLiQ.jpeg

As always, I acquired my watches from Chazing Time, a dealer I highly recommend. Their service is consistently excellent, with fast delivery and outstanding communication throughout the process. Whether you're a seasoned collector or a first-time buyer, working with Chazing Time ensures a smooth and reliable experience.

When comparing the two Rolex Daytona QF 126529 models, one with a regular steel case and the other featuring the gain weight configuration, the key differentiating factor is their weight. Both watches share identical dimensions, making the comparison more straightforward: they are 11.9 mm thick, with a lug-to-lug measurement of 47.5 mm and a bezel diameter of 38.7 mm. These measurements also align with the CF 126500 model, emphasizing that the watches are similar in build and appearance.

The most notable difference lies in the weight. The gain weight version of the QF 126529 comes in at 176 grams, while the regular steel version weighs 142 grams—a 34-gram difference straight out of the box. The gain weight version also comes with 15 bracelet links, while the regular steel version has only 12 links. However, when both watches are sized down to fit a 17.6 mm (7-inch) wrist, the gain weight watch tips the scales at 163 grams, compared to the regular steel version at 140 grams. This brings the weight difference down to 23 grams, which, while noticeable, may not drastically affect the overall wearability for some users.

The additional weight in the gain weight version might provide a more substantial feel on the wrist, offering a premium sensation that some wearers prefer in luxury watches. On the other hand, the lighter regular steel version could be more comfortable for extended wear, especially for those who prioritize ease of movement and prefer a less noticeable presence on the wrist.

In summary, both models offer identical aesthetics and sizing, with the only real difference being the weight. The choice between the two would ultimately come down to personal preference—whether you prefer the heft and presence of the gain weight version or the lighter, more subtle feel of the regular steel model.

hyz0NK.jpeg

hyzxHv.jpeg

hyzSt8.jpeg

hyzGeR.jpeg

The dial is impressively well replicated. After reviewing several YouTube videos, I noticed that only two of them actually showcase the sunburst effect, while most display a black dial without it. However, in real life, the dial truly comes to life under sunlight. It reveals a light black sunburst effect, creating an explosion of color when exposed to direct light. The white-silver subdials also exhibit a subtle sunburst pattern, adding depth and contrast. Overall, QF has done an outstanding job replicating this intricate detail.

hy3Htb.jpeg

hy335i.jpeg

hy3j0X.jpeg

hy3ZPc.jpeg

hy3KNp.jpeg

hy32K5.jpeg

hy3A1F.jpeg

hy3LMt.jpeg

The crystal is very close to the gen, with minimal reflection, which is impressive. There’s really no need to upgrade to a genuine crystal unless you’re an AR (anti-reflective) junkie. If that’s the case, you could replace it with a gen or go for a deep crystal option. However, the standard crystal that comes with this watch is already better than Clean’s version, making it a solid choice right out of the box.

hy35D2.jpeg

The initial releases featured the SH 4132 movement, which is a new movement from the Shanghai factory However, the latest models now incorporate the Dandong 4132 movement, which I personally prefer due to its reliability. However, it’s worth noting that the 28-hour counter only runs for 12 hours when the chronograph is activated. I can live with it.

hy3oBY.jpeg

hy3OKk.jpeg

hy3m5s.jpeg

hy3ab3.jpeg

hy3qRD.jpeg

After a detailed review, I can confidently state that the QF LeMans is remarkably close to the genuine timepiece in both design and functionality

In particular, I would like to highlight the following key points:

Pushers: The pushers on the QF LeMans are identical to those on the genuine watch and on the CF. They not only match in terms of functionality but also in terms of length and design.
Pusher Angle: The angle of the pushers has been replicated with precision, ensuring the same ergonomic and aesthetic feel as the original and the CF.

Overall Build: The entire build of the QF LeMans reflects the same level of craftsmanship as seen in the Clean watch, capturing the essence of the genuine model both visually and in terms of performance.

In conclusion, the QF LeMans stands out as a superbly crafted alternative that closely mirrors the design and functionality of the genuine timepiece. I believe this will meet and exceed expectations for anyone familiar with the original model.

hy38bQ.jpeg

hy3nqW.jpeg

hy39DP.jpeg

hy3yMJ.jpeg

hy36TS.jpeg

hy3tUL.jpeg

hy3BBR.jpeg

hy3QR8.jpeg

hy3phK.jpeg

The bracelet on this Daytona feels just as high-quality as the ones from my other Daytonas, sourced from different factories. The clasp is excellent, with no sharp edges, and the EasyLink system feels almost like a genuine Rolex. The screws in the links are working perfectly as well, but I would recommend tightening them before wearing the watch to ensure everything stays secure. Overall, the craftsmanship and attention to detail are impressive, contributing to a solid and comfortable feel on the wrist.

hy3Ps1.jpeg

hy3XZj.jpeg

hy3dq4.jpeg

thanks for reading

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Great review bro, thanks. Stellar writing and exceptional pics. Looks like a must have for die hard Daytona fans!

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Pink Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
That is a perfect review, on point on every aspects. That looks like a solid QF production, good news.
Thanks for your time, that will help many Tona fans around here 👌

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasslebank

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/4/13
Australia
I’ve said this before, but it seems this model actually looks like it has a “white gold hue” as opposed to the regular SS look? Am I correct in this? Thanks for your confirmation.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I’ve said this before, but it seems this model actually looks like it has a “white gold hue” as opposed to the regular SS look? Am I correct in this? Thanks for your confirmation.
You are correct, it looks different in the sun and has a white gold hue on it. Hard to capture pics, the reason I did not mention it.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
These pushers look better than my 126519 from QF.

Although I’ll never use it, I can’t buy this until the movement is truly cloned. May be never. Shame.

Reactions: Reaps

Awristocrat

Beauty is in the eye of the wrist
Supporter
Certified
28/5/12
Exceptional review. I guess it puts to bed the “pusher angle” objection. Superb execution from QF

Awristocrat

Supporter
Certified
28/5/12
Any pressure test conducted? Would you swim with it particularly if it has been “white gold” plated?

jetsby1

Supporter
Certified
4/4/22
NYC
Excellent review and it makes me even more excited for my QF Tungsten coming soon! I'm curious how heavy it will feel on my wrist with the 176 grams weight. I know the gen is 200 grams per Ben Clymer.

Awristocrat

Supporter
Certified
28/5/12
That objection still stands at least for some older QF 12 releases. Not sure about new batches.
lol he literally posted side by side analysis showing that they are exactly the same but the objection still stands :geek:

Hakmac

Do not accept unsolicited offers
21/6/23
France
Exceptionnel review. I was wandering if I will buy the QF version SS now or do I have to wait for the Clean one. I feel more confortable now to pickup the QF version. Big thanks Guru!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Due to recent raids in China, an increasing number of replica watch manufacturers are turning to the same subcontractors for production. I can confirm that the case used by CF is identical to the one QF uses for their latest LeMans model. I was able to fit the CF bracelet onto the LeMans seamlessly. The Solid End Links (SELs) are virtually identical, and the curvature of the lugs aligns perfectly with the end of the bracelet, confirming that both factories are using the same specifications.

hyYSJc.jpeg

hyYGkI.jpeg

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
@guru Thanks for this excellent review and detailed photos 🙏

Regarding the “Gain Weight” thing, with the correct 12 link count 20 grams or so is not worth the hype. It sounds like the wight gain is all in the bracelet.

Reactions: Reaps and KJ2020