• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC pix VC Overseas from MR

Carib

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/10
Hello ladies and gents
I just got these QC pix from my great friend Marvellous Replica. Will the knowledgeable members of the forum please comment on the watch? Please be harsh and critical. Thanks!

1.jpg

A gorgeous gorgeous watch ^^

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The screws in the back are all beat up and crappy. Also the upper bracelet looks like it has a big deformity/abrasion on the first link or two

8.jpg

Can anyone comment on the movement? Supposed to be Swiss 2836-2

9.jpg

10.jpg

mattheis

Renowned Member
7/5/07
Look out for a crooked cross on the dial, he didnt send a straight on vertical shot, so it is hard to tell, but seems to be pretty good. Love that bracelet design, very distinct.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
I rotated the first photo of yours in Photoshop to check the alignment of the cross, and it looks good to me. I had to refuse one from Watcheden because of that issue, and they weren't able to find me a replacement, so I ended up canceling my order. I have one on order now from Hont, so I'm waiting on that.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
One thing I noticed is that the replica deployant clasp is based on the original clasp the Overseas was initially shipped with, however, in my recently acquired gen, this clasp has been updated. I'll try to post photos of this later.

Carib

27/12/10
@ Honeybear: Wow I'm so jealous of you, big baller, LOL! Please send many many pix of your gen!!!

@Thinkbachs: Granted the rep has some flaws here and there, but overall I think it's such a solid rep, and worth every penny :D And I don't think there are too many people who can call you out :)
Would you think Sillix's version is better of the two? When I was considering buying, one fellow member said that Sillix's double AR version was unavailable, so I just went straight for my favorite dealer, MR :)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Once my rep from Hont arrives, I hope to find the time to do a gen vs. rep comparison of the Overseas with photos. I was in touch with Silix, and the double AR version is unavailable, and the one you got from MR is one of the best currently available without further mods. In practice, the only person who could possibly call you out on the rep of the Overseas is a fellow WIS who either has the same rep, or is looking into getting one.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
When someone asks what people think of a rep, I feel it's important to have a nice gen image for comparison.

Reasons:

1. It helps to actually see the differences rather than have them pointed out
  2. Others can see what's being discussed and compared
  3. It's another opportunity to build my post count
As far as the rep goes, I'd see if there was a way to give the case a better brushed finish on top, maybe even find a gen dial. Other than that, it's a gorgeous watch.

Carib

27/12/10
Lol, I saw and commented on your new thread, but didnt even know you posted pix here too :D As I mentioned on the other thread man, your gen is just perfect, my jaw drops every time I see its pictures. There are so many tiny differences between the gen and the rep. Plus I have a suspicion that the gen maybe of a newer generation altogether. You're among the lucky few, wear that proudly!

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Lol, I saw and commented on your new thread, but didnt even know you posted pix here too :D As I mentioned on the other thread man, your gen is just perfect, my jaw drops every time I see its pictures. There are so many tiny differences between the gen and the rep. Plus I have a suspicion that the gen maybe of a newer generation altogether. You're among the lucky few, wear that proudly!

Thanks, that is very kind of you to say. I believe that the deployant clasp has been updated. The replica has the older style clasp, which relies on spring bars that snap into place to secure the bracelet, and the two buttons depress the spring bars sufficiently to release the clasp.

I have to admit that I was a bit put off on the other thread by comments by slimslim which made me feel as if I needed to justify my gen purchase. Certainly, it was a silly spurge, but it was my first high-end watch, and was maybe 20% than the Rolex GMT IIC which I was also considering. In my mind, I think that the Vacheron Overseas is a better value than the more cliched Rolex.

Carib

27/12/10
The VCO has it all: elegance, class, beauty and boldness, lol. VC is in a higher class than the Rolex. But I have a GMT II rep too and I love it dearly! IMO it's the only Rolex I will ever need. I would buy a gen GMT if the bracelet's midlinks weren't polished and so prone to scratches :D (or I should really learn how to recondition my watches)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
The VCO has it all: elegance, class, beauty and boldness, lol. VC is in a higher class than the Rolex. But I have a GMT II rep too and I love it dearly! IMO it's the only Rolex I will ever need. I would buy a gen GMT if the bracelet's midlinks weren't polished and so prone to scratches :D (or I should really learn how to recondition my watches)

Don't get me wrong, I still want the Rolex GMT IIc, but just didn't want my first high-end watch to be a Rolex... I think the GMT II's GMT complication is the most natural one for frequent travelers. You want the main 12 hour hand to reflect local time, so the quick set should be on the 12 hour hand. Having home time be on the 24 hour hand is also natural, since it reminds one whether it is morning or night at home.

I do wish that the GMT IIc came with an all brushed bracelet, since that would make it so much easier to touch up. I'm handy with the Cape Cod polish cloths and masking tape, so I guess I could keep up the polished middle link if necessary, but I would almost be tempted to brush finish the middle links, but I'm not sure I could bring myself to do that to a $7K watch. I did brush finish the middle links of my Invicta 8926OB, but that was $60...

Carib

27/12/10
Yah, I wouldn't dare brushing a gen, even in my wildest dreams, LOL. So when can we expect some gen GMT II pix from you? ;)

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
Yah, I wouldn't dare brushing a gen, even in my wildest dreams, LOL. So when can we expect some gen GMT II pix from you? ;)

Probably not for a while, I don't think my wife would be too happy about plonking down that much money in a short time on two watches... I might have to content myself with the RWI special at Timesshop in the meanwhile.

I was contemplating the GMT IIc with Asian 2836-2 movement. Do you know if the 24 hour hand quicksets in 1 hour increments, or does it freely rotate in quickset mode?

Carib

27/12/10
The 24h hand is set in 1 hour increments. I also got my A2836-2 GMTIIc from Timesshop special. Make sure you ask for QC pix though, cuz I don't think TS is customary to that. Despite being a Rolex super rep, mine does have more flaws than I would like due to the lack of QC'ing. None other than WIS's can spot them though, so I'm content :)

james

Horology Curious
6/4/10
They all have flaws

Thanks guys, any other flaws?

cross is wrong, date window on all reps is wrong (should be stepped and not a rectangle), gen has double AR, and the boat on the back missing details like portholes.

otherwise, pretty good. I haven't noticed any changes in the clasp. I have been on the market for a gen for two years now after my rep arrived with a bad dial. I did manage to get a replacement (via this forum-thanks!) but it had a different defect.

Anyone know of a guy from Long beach in the RepGeek forum who does AR and does lum work?....i saw the post last night he did on a pam and can't find it now.

honeybear

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/10
cross is wrong, date window on all reps is wrong (should be stepped and not a rectangle), gen has double AR, and the boat on the back missing details like portholes.

otherwise, pretty good. I haven't noticed any changes in the clasp. I have been on the market for a gen for two years now after my rep arrived with a bad dial. I did manage to get a replacement (via this forum-thanks!) but it had a different defect.

Anyone know of a guy from Long beach in the RepGeek forum who does AR and does lum work?....i saw the post last night he did on a pam and can't find it now.

See my thread on a gen vs. rep comparison of the VC Overseas:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/vacheron-constantin-overseas-gen-vs-74020

I'm not sure the gen has double AR, it looks more like single AR on the inside. I wear the rep as a daily beater, and keep the gen for special occasions.

The person you're thinking of is pbdad at RG.

HPoirot

31/3/11
Does anyone know if the black dial version of this VCO is the same as the white dial version?

I'm more interested in the black dial version.