• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Pics need some better eyes than mine.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
This is the gen....

And a close up of the texture...

Seriously? Those were the best photos you could find? Here, let a real pro show you how it's done....

4568108716_4089ec5ab1_o.jpg
IMG_4091.jpg

Check this link for more >>>

Or I could just take the time to post them here instead. :)

4567469995_5ff1565c1f_o.jpg

4567471019_b18a2bbe4e_o.jpg

4568105356_0df57c82b5_o.jpg

4567474685_eff86abdda_o.jpg

4568103396_38cb65c5cb_o.jpg

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
You won't have seen one of these without a sunken datewheel unless it was a quartz or a gen, as 7753 transplant is not possible due to size and layout differences... You can't compare a 111 to a 36 - different game, different everything. As I said, the 36 is not the watch for you if you want something close to 1:1.

I've ordered 3 of these without flaw from Tony - but I've stated my feelings on him - so no point beating a dead horse.

Here's a solution to your problem;

http://www.jomashop.com/tag-heuer-carrera-cav5115-ft6019.html

:p

Seriously mate, maybe look at another watch.... This is a flawed rep, and any seasoned member knows it's flaws. either embrace them, or try something different. :)

lol - TB, way to show me up!!!! Really though - talk about overkill!!!! haha

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
You won't have seen one of these without a sunken datewheel unless it was a quartz or a gen, as 7753 transplant is not possible due to size and layout differences... You can't compare a 111 to a 36 - different game, different everything. As I said, the 36 is not the watch for you if you want something close to 1:1.

I've ordered 3 of these without flaw from Tony - but I've stated my feelings on him - so no point beating a dead horse.

Here's a solution to your problem;

http://www.jomashop.com/tag-heuer-carrera-cav5115-ft6019.html

:p

Seriously mate, maybe look at another watch.... This is a flawed rep, and any seasoned member knows it's flaws. either embrace them, or try something different. :)

Sorry I think you misunderstood I understand the sunken date wheel is something that CANNOT be fixed so I accept that. The groves on the metal calipers are not something that is normally a problem so I would expect it to not be a problem here.

ugoderosa

Renowned Member
12/9/10
Shannon- I agree, my version has issues, it is a quartz version with a number of upgraded components from the 7750 version, but it is by no means the best available rep of this model. Frankly, I don't trust the 7750 version of this model. At least one of the trusted watchsmith's on this forum charges a steep premium to service this 7750 model because it is complicated to work on, so I opted for the best quartz version I could find, although mine is a "fantasy" watch. I should have made it clear that I was not posting the pic of my watch as an example of it being an awesome rep. I was only posting to show an example of the horizontal line problem.

The lines on the silver piece at 3 were way off on the first watch the OP posted. It is harder to tell on the second watch, but they seem to be more parallel. I have seen this same non-parallel lines problem on other cheap $100 versions. I assumed this was a $100 version because of the lines and that is why I asked the question.

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Shannon- I agree, my version has issues, it is a quartz version with a number of upgraded components from the 7750 version, but it is by no means the best available rep of this model. Frankly, I don't trust the 7750 version of this model. At least one of the trusted watchsmith's on this forum charges a steep premium to service this 7750 model because it is complicated to work on, so I opted for the best quartz version I could find, although mine is a "fantasy" watch. I should have made it clear that I was not posting the pic of my watch as an example of it being an awesome rep. I was only posting to show an example of the horizontal line problem.

The lines on the silver piece at 3 were way off on the first watch the OP posted. It is harder to tell on the second watch, but they seem to be more parallel. I have seen this same non-parallel lines problem on other cheap $100 versions. I assumed this was a $100 version because of the lines and that is why I asked the question.

Okay bro, now I follow :)

As i said though, the finish on the sub-dial surround and the caliper catches light in different ways, on different angles....

Regardless, i think ol' ace needs to check a different watch, given his expectations....

eaglexkr

Known Member
30/1/11
tag purchase

It's all good brother - but as a salesman, you must understand what a pleasure it is to deal with people who have realistic expectations and have a defined resolve - as opposed to having a million and one questions, chopping and changing, fear of trust due to insufficient research on their part or the inability to make a decision based on their own findings without the million and one opinions they hear from Tom, Dick and Harry - the experts...

I used to sell money too brother - and I never had a drama with Tony. I'd recommend him to anyone, but I respect he is not a trusted dealer here, so please keep that in mind. Maybe you should go and try out some gens - maybe the treatment and the salespeople's readiness to answer your million and one questions on a $5k watch will put your $350 purchase into perspective....

Good luck brother

Word, JC... Word

Glad you said it, somtimes a customer needs to be,as Donald Trump would say," FIRED".If the dealer was making what they would make on a $5k sale he could kiss up for a couple of hours,but it a $350.00 rep.

wossobama

Known Member
17/1/11
If I understand the remark about the caliper lines not matching up - that is the whole point of the caliper system.

You read the 1/10ths of a secont by turning the caliper to line up with the second hand, then where the caliper lines line up exactly with the face markers give you the reading.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
To OP, try another trusted dealer, it is your hard earned money, right? Beside the horizontal grinding marking lines just compare TAG logo at 12 specially the arrow with others. If this is $120 rep then that's the best you can get, I guess...