• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Pics need some better eyes than mine.

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
IMG_4091.jpg

thanks again guys.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
I'll let shannon handle this one, this is his type of watch.
I think it looks awesome, but have no idea about the things to look out for with Tag Chronos.
Great choice!

ugoderosa

Renowned Member
12/9/10
acesup:

One item that jumps out at me- see the horizontal lines on the silver caliper piece? Now look at the lines on the silver piece at 3. See how the lines are not parallel with the caliper piece? That would bug me quite a bit.

This is a quartz version, yes? How much are you paying for it? That info would be helpful.

See my pic- this is what the lines should look like:

iPhonePictures724.jpg

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
Good eye. They should be like this
tag-heuer-grand-carrera-calibre-36-working-chronograph-pvd-case-with-brown-dial-leather-strap-replic.jpg

He sent me this other try but look at the top not sure if its paint or a shadow.... any better ?

IMG_4073.jpg

acesup:

One item that jumps out at me- see the horizontal lines on the silver caliper piece? Now look at the lines on the silver piece at 3. See how the lines are not parallel with the caliper piece? That would bug me quite a bit.

This is a quartz version, yes? How much are you paying for it? That info would be helpful.

See my pic- this is what the lines should look like:

iPhonePictures724.jpg

this is the 7750 version

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
ugods is really nice.. but i think your is just the glare if i'm looking at the right thing.

shandroid

13/9/10
It really depends on the angle the photo is taken... The finish catches the light, but compared to gen, ugo - the finish on your watch is off....

They're a resonably good watch in their own right, but if you ever run into someone with a gen, it's pretty easy to spot as a rep.... Dial is quite good, sliding caliper scale operates as per gen, construction is good, seconds are choppy - but every gen I've seen is exactly the same. The biggest tell is the thickness of the watch - the reps are thicker to accomodate the modified A7750. There are 2 caseback windows which is good, as it hides the incorrect rotor bearing, and actually looks quite close, at a glance.

The black one pictured above is the 'RS II' version - same tells as the standard watch, however has white lettering on the caseback which is incorrect from gen....

So a dead give-away, but I wouldn't let this stop you... The Cal 17's are the same.

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
the first pic they said has the wrong caliper lines on the center piece that do not match up with the ones at 3.... the second pic of the watch has a black mark at the 12oclock position on the metal piece

shandroid

13/9/10
Also - Just check with Tony that the red in the 10 o'clock crown is neat and hasn't spread through the textured finish... I've seen a couple like this - not good...

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
Also - Just check with Tony that the red in the 10 o'clock crown is neat and hasn't spread through the textured finish... I've seen a couple like this - not good...

I think tony is fed up with me. I have emailed him so many times. I might ask for a refund and go with someone more accommodating.... not that I blame him I can be kinda annoying. I understand they are reps but they are not free either.

shandroid

13/9/10
This is the gen....

dialshot2.png

And a close up of the texture...

dialshot1.png

I think tony is fed up with me. I have emailed him so many times. I might ask for a refund and go with someone more accommodating.... not that I blame him I can be kinda annoying. I understand they are reps but they are not free either.

Why would you do it to yourself, or him?!

Dude, do whatever you like - interestingly, the one's I've seen with the red spread through the crown were not from him... They were another 'trusted' dealer from another forum.

If I were you, I'd do your homework by checking the gen's out and make your decision based on what you learn from that. If you end up with a watch with the (**EDIT**) texture as per Ugo's watch, that will just be another obvious tell....

In fact, if you want a watch that is very accurate, don't buy a 36 at all... You'll only be annoyed. If you can handle some imperfections and you're not out to fool anyone, I'd recommend one any day of the week.

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
This is the gen....

dialshot2.png

And a close up of the texture...

dialshot1.png

Why would you do it to yourself, or him?!

Dude, do whatever you like - interestingly, the one's I've seen with the red spread through the crown were not from him... They were another 'trusted' dealer from another forum.

If I were you, I'd do your homework by checking the gen's out and make your decision based on what you learn from that. If you end up with a watch with the text as per Ugo's watch, that will just be another obvious tell....

In fact, if you want a watch that is very accurate, don't buy a 36 at all... You'll only be annoyed. If you can handle some imperfections and you're not out to fool anyone, I'd recommend one any day of the week.

I guess it goes with I tread people the way I want to be treated. I am in financial sales and always try to make everything 100% so I guess I expect the same.

JC7

15/6/10
all the dealers here are super nice... to a point.

JC7

15/6/10
you're going through what we all did.. get super excited about your first purchases then do that last little bit of research before you pull the trigger and then you doubt yourself... sometimes validly.

the 177 is a good purchase 100%.. this one may not be. keep reading and learning and KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN LINE.

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
you're going through what we all did.. get super excited about your first purchases then do that last little bit of research before you pull the trigger and then you doubt yourself... sometimes validly.

the 177 is a good purchase 100%.. this one may not be. keep reading and learning and KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN LINE.

Looks get except the crown spacing. I bought a used 111H and its great but really want the titanium... Crown spacing is fine as well.

JC7

15/6/10
crown spacing.. lol

the people who know watches you're never going to fool and the people who don't know watches will never know.

shandroid

13/9/10
I guess it goes with I tread people the way I want to be treated. I am in financial sales and always try to make everything 100% so I guess I expect the same.

It's all good brother - but as a salesman, you must understand what a pleasure it is to deal with people who have realistic expectations and have a defined resolve - as opposed to having a million and one questions, chopping and changing, fear of trust due to insufficient research on their part or the inability to make a decision based on their own findings without the million and one opinions they hear from Tom, Dick and Harry - the experts...

I used to sell money too brother - and I never had a drama with Tony. I'd recommend him to anyone, but I respect he is not a trusted dealer here, so please keep that in mind. Maybe you should go and try out some gens - maybe the treatment and the salespeople's readiness to answer your million and one questions on a $5k watch will put your $350 purchase into perspective....

Good luck brother

Word, JC... Word

acesup11

Known Member
31/12/10
It's all good brother - but as a salesman, you must understand what a pleasure it is to deal with people who have realistic expectations and have a defined resolve - as opposed to having a million and one questions, chopping and changing, fear of trust due to insufficient research on their part or the inability to make a decision based on their own findings without the million and one opinions they hear from Tom, Dick and Harry - the experts...

I used to sell money too brother - and I never had a drama with Tony. I'd recommend him to anyone, but I respect he is not a trusted dealer here, so please keep that in mind. Maybe you should go and try out some gens - maybe the treatment and the salespeople's readiness to answer your million and one questions on a $5k watch will put your $350 purchase into perspective....

Good luck brother

Word, JC... Word

i own a couple of gens but after seeing the quality of the PAM 111h that I bought being soooo close I just cant justify the extra money. I mean it really is so close. I could see if it was a known problem on the rep like with the IWC porto we know the subdial spacing is not correct and the date window is wrong. I also know the sunken datewheel problem with this rep is not fixable unless i get a 7753 transplant so I accept that but I have seen reps that do not have this problem so I expect to get what other have received.