• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Assistance - ARF Sub-C 2824 pics (datewheel worse than usual?)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
3135 has a different DW so there's a chance it will be better. Noob has better DWs, consistent in size and thickness.

These are both Noob DWs, the SD is an ARF watch

VF7S0D.jpg

Vlj30X.jpg

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
3135 has a different DW so there's a chance it will be better. Noob has better DWs, consistent in size and thickness.

These are both Noob DWs, the SD is an ARF watch

VF7S0D.jpg

Vlj30X.jpg

Where to order noob date wheel bro? Any direct link? Tq

brmarino

Horology Curious
5/6/19
So the real question is, assuming you are not modding, is it worth getting a Noob that perhaps, from what i’ve read, has a worse bezel, insert, hands and clasp for a smaller/skinnier (more gen like) font on the DW. Anyone have thoughts on what they consider a bigger deal breaker? I would think the thick font on ARF’s DW is more noticeable than Noob’s aforementioned imperfections, but then again, I really know very little but all I hear is ARF best ootb.

Reactions: SebiStein

fischyyyy

Horology Curious
2/6/19
So the real question is, assuming you are not modding, is it worth getting a Noob that perhaps, from what i’ve read, has a worse bezel, insert, hands and clasp for a smaller/skinnier (more gen like) font on the DW. Anyone have thoughts on what they consider a bigger deal breaker? I would think the thick font on ARF’s DW is more noticeable than Noob’s aforementioned imperfections, but then again, I really know very little but all I hear is ARF best ootb.

Well people would notice the Bezel and bracelet way before the date wheel? You need to look head on to see the Date, and even then, only a rolex geek would notice it, not most gen owners,

Last edited:

brmarino

Horology Curious
5/6/19
That’s a fair point. Did you see the pic I posted above? The DW font just looks so thick and big, and I guess I’m just not sure how bad the Noob imperfections are. I just don’t get how there was a skinnier font batch months ago and now it looks fat again.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There's nothing wrong with the bezel on the Noob. The insert on the Noob at least has the marker engravings centered. Many ARF inserts including yours have the marker cutouts on the left side too close to the crystal. It's a flaw in the cutting. Compare your 45 and 55 to the 15. I don't have a Noob date Sub but here's a V8 no date you can compare the insert to.

VnBsUh.jpg

There's also nothing wrong with Noobs bracelet or clasp, although many find ARF's a little better. But it's not anything you'll see on the wrist. ARF does have better hands, but ARF also has thicker than gen lugs with less angle on the tips, giving it a slightly abnormal boxy look. Not trying to sway you one way or the other, you have to decide what you can live with. DW is something you will look at nearly every time you see your watch. I started out as an OOTB'er myself and I can tell you I've changed more DWs than anything else. The one in your QC pic would not last long on one of my watches.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Thanks for the explanation! Although it makes my decision harder. Was clearly swinging towards ARF, but now the meter is inching it's way back towards Noob..

Would a Noob modded by BK be a worthwhile "OOTB" rep? Thinking of getting one from him. Just wondering for his base mods like realignment of the rehaut, crystal and DW, these don't seem to be weak points of the Noob right? How necessary are they?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Thanks for the explanation! Although it makes my decision harder. Was clearly swinging towards ARF, but now the meter is inching it's way back towards Noob..

Would a Noob modded by BK be a worthwhile "OOTB" rep? Thinking of getting one from him. Just wondering for his base mods like realignment of the rehaut, crystal and DW, these don't seem to be weak points of the Noob right? How necessary are they?

Naw, buy Noob V9 swap out crystal and bracelet and I think you are good to go.

Crystal prof -$150, gen $300
arf bracelet -$170 shipped

Noob insert seems to fade..look for Clean insert and install...in future

Total cost of these parts could possibly be as much as a new BK watch. He does a great job and adds in a gen eta movement but if you ask me you can wait on movement. My 2 cent

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Naw, buy Noob V9 swap out crystal and bracelet and I think you are good to go.

Crystal prof -$150, gen $300
arf bracelet -$170 shipped

Noob insert seems to fade..look for Clean insert and install...in future

Total cost of these parts could possibly be as much as a new BK watch. He does a great job and adds in a gen eta movement but if you ask me you can wait on movement. My 2 cent

Hey bro can you post your Noob vs ARF case comparison animated gif? I was looking for it yesterday to post here.

brmarino

Horology Curious
5/6/19
How bad is this new QC I just received? ARF 2824. Font looks thick AF and triangle on insert looks crooked. Is this a hard no?