• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC - AP 15400 Black Ghost

Gij100

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/15
Hi All,

Sorry for creating another thread - Mods please delete if not ok. Been sent QC pics of a 15400 Black Ghost which I ordered after seeing it in a thread earlier in the month and falling in love.

There are logo and dial flaws (not matte enough), and I'm sceptical of the hands, but all of these I am willing to put aside. I am suspicious/put off by crooked markers at 12 3 6 and 9.

I was hoping someone could double check the markers for me please and tell me if they are skew, or if its me that's crooked.

Thank you all! :)

m03w1f9.jpg

X0rxNPx.jpg

utneDa7.jpg

lD94Bbq.jpg

2RHVHYq.jpg

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I am suspicious/put off by crooked markers at 12 3 6 and 9.

I was hoping someone could double check the markers for me

Im am suspicious of those little bastards too. I will look into it for you.

zilli0n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/17
Pics quality and lightening are very bad... but yes, 6 and 9 looks particulary crooked.
And impossible to take a look at minutes markers.
Ask for better pics maybe before reject it ?

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
After seeing the op I couldn't believe that ap would produce such a horrible Royal Oak ( obviously only my personal opinion) so after a google it appears that this is a custom model by an independent, on there own website this watch shows as having audemars piguet, automatic and minute markers in white so does that make this rep inaccurate? Please ignore this post if I've got my info wrong

N0tail_

1/6/17
After seeing the op I couldn't believe that ap would produce such a horrible Royal Oak ( obviously only my personal opinion) so after a google it appears that this is a custom model by an independent, on there own website this watch shows as having audemars piguet, automatic and minute markers in white so does that make this rep inaccurate? Please ignore this post if I've got my info wrong

I did a bit of searching around and MAD Paris is one luxury customiser that does blacked out Audemars Piguet.

They have two models: Both dial, case and bracelet blacked out except for the AP logo, hour markers and hands which are modified.

https://www.mad-paris.com/en/collections/royal-oak-ghost/

https://www.mad-paris.com/en/collections/royal-oak-original/

I've also seen a blacked out version with rose gold hour markers and logo but unsure who makes it.

eurowatch

Looking Around
11/1/19
Hi all,

This is my first post and I have to admit that I am a total rookie when it comes to replicas.

That said, I was looking for a bit of insight from the community.

During a trip in Asia last summer I ended up getting the AP Black Ghost as you can see in the pictures https://imgur.com/a/bfHZYiy .

If you compare it to the original, visually it looks almost identical.

However I have no idea what type of mechanism it has. All I know is that the battery dies after 6-7 hours after I remove it from my wrist i.e. no movement. This means that the battery reserve must be small.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some tips on how to identify the mechanism.

Thanks!