• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Q5?'s Franken PO 4th Gen(modded by Katt & R2D4)

dan_j

5/11/10
The base watch was a 4th Generation PO. Not the 5th Generation. The Gen Bezel is a tad thinner in height. So the crystal would have sat higher. If you have a Gen pearl and can install that on your rep bezel you save a bunch of money. And you ensure the proper bezel turning action. The pearl matching the dial/hand lume and proper bezel turn were important to me. Not looking Gen ;)

Gotcha thanks Q5

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
beautiful! I wish I would get it together and follow a project to the end like this!

funny, normally I would thin that the guy who helped you with it was going out of his way, but with r2 you just know he did it for his own pleasure, cuz he's absolutely sick! sick ya hear! omega got the best of that poor man! ( love ya r2 ;) )

auslander

18/2/11
The base watch was a 4th Generation PO. Not the 5th Generation. The Gen Bezel is a tad thinner in height. So the crystal would have sat higher. If you have a Gen pearl and can install that on your rep bezel you save a bunch of money. And you ensure the proper bezel turning action. The pearl matching the dial/hand lume and proper bezel turn were important to me. Not looking Gen ;)

Q5?, you used the rep insert right? I'm having a little trouble with this. I've sourced another pearl and insert due to me ruining my last :(

The insert I had didnt fit the gen pearl I sourced....

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yes, R2 popped (not pooped :lol: ) it off, enlarged the original hole (scootching it up a bit), epoxied the Gen pearl flush then back onto the rep bezel it went. This saved me $250+ and my bezel still turns perfect! Thanks R2!!!!

auslander

18/2/11
Yes, R2 popped (not pooped :lol: ) it off, enlarged the original hole (scootching it up a bit), epoxied the Gen pearl flush then back onto the rep bezel it went. This saved me $250+ and my bezel still turns perfect! Thanks R2!!!!

thats what i tried (and failed) looks like i have my work cut out for me! pretty exciting though!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Now to find Omega's 2010 PO mesh with new clasp ..... :whistle:

From TRF:

Omega introduced a new PO mesh at Basel 2010 that is similar to the one used on the PloProf 1200. It eliminates the need for the extension and has an 18 position, ratcheting micro-adjusting, deployant clasp:

aaf83704.jpg

It is not yet available in the US - perhaps in the fall.

auslander

18/2/11
Wish I lived down the street from Ofrei, I just bought a new crown, he valve and now have to wait like TWO WEEKS (que Arnold S. from Total Recall) arrrrgh!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I still remember R2 sending this Next Day so I could have it for a fishing trip.....

SAM_0555.jpg

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Maybe that pic could have been a contender for the calendar contest? :nah:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well you will need another 3! With the fishes??? It will be really cool!!!

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Hi Q5,

I'm interested in doing a gen pearl swap myself. Did r2 use the 5th gen insert or a wholesaleoutlet one?

By what means did he enlarge the hole to fit the pearl?

Thanks in advance.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I did mine with a Wholesaleoutlet insert. I used a drill bit and bored out the hole by hand

It turned out good but not as clean as R2's work.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Cheers. I have a wso insert and a gen pearl, the stainless rim on the 5th gen is too thin so I feel this mod is a must.

Any tips on the process from start to finish?

Cheers.