• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PZ 7900V

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Can't wait for them to perfect V1 7900v and release in this limited Everest colorway !
8F factory did the chrono version..

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
So I have it in my hands now. Not bad, but far from being great. The issue with mine is that the date click button was not changing the date. So a small surgery to fix the issue - needed to reshape / bend a bit the date switching lever. The movement looks pretty complicated but this is due to an AM/PM and date complications. All seems to be functional now. Wanted to do a light franken but the “tachy” which sits on the dial is different diameter gen vs rep. Also the thickness is different. As well as the center hole diameter. Need to think of it.
The rep dial is not great - flat vs nice sunburst effect with the gen, subdials white vs silver on the gen. Some photos:

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
So I have it in my hands now. Not bad, but far from being great. The issue with mine is that the date click button was not changing the date. So a small surgery to fix the issue - needed to reshape / bend a bit the date switching lever. The movement looks pretty complicated but this is due to an AM/PM and date complications. All seems to be functional now. Wanted to do a light franken but the “tachy” which sits on the dial is different diameter gen vs rep. Also the thickness is different. As well as the center hole diameter. Need to think of it.
The rep dial is not great - flat vs nice sunburst effect with the gen, subdials white vs silver on the gen. Some photos:

Thank you for feedback and pics! Could you perhaps clarify how the AM/PM indicator works? In videos I've seen, it doesn't change at the 12 o'clock position, which seems strange to me

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Actually it works pretty fine and switches between AM / PM around 12 oclock position.

Reactions: fpi87