• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PZ 7900V

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
you have me…this could be nice…the movement I’m not sure about as ive not seen how off the caseback is to gen…

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
you have me…this could be nice…the movement I’m not sure about as ive not seen how off the caseback is to gen…
I would like to know, how thick this Rep is. You can´t really see it on the pictures. But there is no info about the thickness yet.

Reactions: LeBron

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
Yeah, based on that alone, I ordered the version without the date wheel lol

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
More factories is always good news. This one looks promising.
there a few flaws I could spot:
  • The cross on the rep is quite thick. In terms of height that is. Crooks on gen looks almost flat
  • rep looks thicker than gen. Just an impression as there are no dimensions posted

overall not bad. VC has been neglected so far and there are some magnificent pieces

RTC8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/19
There was a picture on reddit that showed it being 13.4mm thick, while the gen is 12.8 so it's not that bad. The blue dial is certainly off though.
Maybe once we have more information on the movement and functions everything will be clearer. I would love a black dial one.

Reactions: LeBron

Kammie

Horology Curious
18/9/22
There was a picture on reddit that showed it being 13.4mm thick, while the gen is 12.8 so it's not that bad. The blue dial is certainly off though.
Maybe once we have more information on the movement and functions everything will be clearer. I would love a black dial one.

From supermirror telegram.

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Just pulled the trigger on the silver one as I plan to franken it with the gen dial. Preliminary photos from TD below. Will share QC photos when I get them.

My initial impression is that the dial marks at 3/6/9/12 are thinner compared with the gen as well as the font in the date wheel is slightly different too.

Kammie

Horology Curious
18/9/22
Just pulled the trigger on the silver one as I plan to franken it with the gen dial. Preliminary photos from TD below. Will share QC photos when I get them.

My initial impression is that the dial marks at 3/6/9/12 are thinner compared with the gen as well as the font in the date wheel is slightly different too.

Sounds like a great plan! Very curious: Where does one buy a gen dial and at what price?