• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Puretime QC issue.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Suspect the rotor got scratched and thus the sharpie to cover it.
Use some alcohol on the sharpie and we will see.

Sent using Tapatalk

Riccochet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/15
I believe he is talking about the scratches that were clearly attempted to have been repaired with black sharpie marker.

Xui5zY2.jpg

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14
Good eyes. I hadn't spotted that, but now you mentioned it it's very obvious. This is bad news for Puretime. Angus seems to deal with things very well, but truth is he shouldn't have to - there seems to be an issue with the staff. Interested to hear what he has to say on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houndoggie

16/11/08
looks like in the QC pic, the rotor is not properly pressed onto its retainer. My guess is they saw that this was the case, hastily repaired it, and caused the finish to come off the rotor. The solution, it seems, was to sharperize it then mail it off.

ZTS

28/5/10
Not good at all. Hope it gets sorted for you OP, I can understand why you were upset.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
that was the exact same watch I wanted to order 10 days ago, in the end opted for another one. My experience with them has been very positive. Sorry to hear this

kingblack147

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/15
Make sure to post an update put an order on hold because of this and might just go with another TD in the meantime.

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
I bought a pam tuttonero last week from puretime it arrived on Monday. I unwrapped it started checking it over turned it over to check the movement and saw immediately four what look like black sharpie marks on the movement!!! I mean these aren't little dots one of them is about 5mm long.

I coukdnt believe it. I checked the qc pics and there was no sign of the marks so I contacted puretime immediately. They asked for close up shots so I sent a handful and thought ok they'll see those and replace it.

I just got an email from Jennifer at puretime qc

"Thanks for the pics. we are sorry for this but from our qc pics, we really dont see there marks."

Any news on this OP?

droow

Horology Curious
4/5/14
Hi everyone,

Update thus far: opened a support ticket and wrote to puretime, (during which time part of the bracelet - the link closest to the face - fell off!) the outcome of which is the watch is being returned. I was going to ask for a refund as the return form only mentions repair but I guess it's six and two three's as to which is best. Hopefully if it's looked at and completely fixed it's got less chance anything else going wrong than just buying a new one. Anyone any thoughts on that.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help, it's appreciated and Promise not to be so hyperbolic next time!

:)