• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PureTime first purchase review

Moonlight

Horology Curious
17/2/23
Uk
Hi everyone,
I have placed my first order with @puretime yesterday and order confirmed today.. order number ending in 5424 … will keep you posted of my experience I’m hoping to receive QC pics soon and confirm weight of watch. Hopefully will be good quality. Thanks in advance for any guidance :)🙏

Moonlight

Horology Curious
17/2/23
Uk
Hi @puretime … is the watch I ordered in stock? My order number ending in 5424 …and how long will it take to receive QC pics? Thanks you for your response

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Ooh what an exciting series of cliffhangers... Subscribed!
Stephen Dorff Sheriff GIF by FOX TV

bebo

Horology Curious
5/2/23
Germany
HI, I had now placed my first order with Puretime for 3 watches. I decided to pay with a one time virtual credit card for security reasons. As per the website puretimewatch.io where I ordered it said that they would email me credit card instructions for payment which I just received. To double check I ask you folks and Purewatch to please confirm if this is normal procedure and no scammers emailed me to send money with my cc. Puretime please check if you have received my order number *****5456 and that you emailed me the link to oisbizcraft.com to pay 1519.32 USD via credit card. Once you confirm here that all is correct I will make the cc payment. Thanks

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
@bebo you'll be better off contacting puretime in a new thread, and tagging them (as the OP did) for attention. You're currently hijacking a thread that's got its own compelling narrative arc, and in danger of throwing it off-topic and killing the dramatic tension.

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
In stock does not mean that it's on a shelf, ready to be boxed and shipped.

It means that it is available to order, from the factory.

A process that can take anything from days to weeks.

Don't appear to be blunt, but I think you need to, for your own sake, manage your expectations a little.

Instant answers/delivery are not the way this hobby works.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It means that it is available to order, from the factory.
And to even further manage expectations @Moonlight... it doesn't even necessarily mean that. Plenty of TDs leave the label "in stock" on items that are no longer even made.

Whenever you want to order a rep, the most sensible process is:
1. Do some background research into the model you're interested in - which means reading on RWI (and elsewhere; other rep sites are available... although you should find what you're looking for here) and finding out what options are available right now.
2. Contact a TD (maybe contact a few - shipping prices and TD relationships with factories vary a little, so it can be beneficial to shop around) and ask whether they can get you the rep you're after.
3. Availability confirmed? Then make the payment.
4. Wait for the QC.
5. Get QC.
6. Don't post QC here, unless you have a specific concern about a particular possible flaw.
7. Approve QC.
8. Wait for the shipped rep.
9. Receive rep and do the Rep Received Happy Dance.
10. Post proud wristies on RWI.

Repeat, many times, as the Rep Obsession takes hold.