• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Protocol for paying Lucy

Len

Len
1/11/23
I have had a few emails with Lucy about spraining a high quality Batman R. She was responsive, knowledgeable and pleasant. Similar broken English emails with lots of “friend” references. Her preferred method of payment is Wise which I have never used before. Does anyone know her typical protocol for collecting payment. Since she has a long lead time to procure high demand product, shouldn’t she accept payment once she obtains the product and sends the QC pics. That way, we hold the money until she has the inventory. Wouldn’t that be the fair and reasonable way to do it. I did not discuss the timing of payment with her yet. How does she typically do it?

Tommygunzzzz

Sorry who are?
Supporter
Certified
16/12/21
Australia
You'll find that full payment in advance is common for almost all the trusted dealers, however I have never dealt with Lucy personally.

Reactions: Len

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
1. Lucy will request Payment up front ( same as all TD )
2. no TD will procure a watch and ask you to pay when they receive it. You pay when you order it via their preferred payment method.
2. Wait for the watch to arrive with Lucy ( you'll need patience here ) and then for the QC pics
3. RL and you wait again for months
4. GL and the watch usually ships via EMS and you'll receive it in @ 2-3 weeks.

Its simple really. If long waiting times are not for you, suggest you use another TD.......

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
I have had a few emails with Lucy about spraining a high quality Batman R. She was responsive, knowledgeable and pleasant. Similar broken English emails with lots of “friend” references. Her preferred method of payment is Wise which I have never used before. Does anyone know her typical protocol for collecting payment. Since she has a long lead time to procure high demand product, shouldn’t she accept payment once she obtains the product and sends the QC pics. That way, we hold the money until she has the inventory. Wouldn’t that be the fair and reasonable way to do it. I did not discuss the timing of payment with her yet. How does she typically do it?
Just a quick question, did you read any of the new member materials? If you had, you would know how the process works. Some TD's accept a deposit, most require payment upfront. Your comments indicate you are scared of losing your money. You are purchasing a counterfeit item from a country that would put these guys in jail. All of the TD's here have years of experience. You're not dealing with Amazon here. Trying to change the process will get you nothing but something you will not like. "Fair and reasonable"? Do you know where you are? You're commenting on her "broken english", yet you write about "spraining" a watch from here. WTF is that? I'll let the other members educate you in their own unique ways.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
"2. no TD"

Some will. I'm not here to advertise specific TDs but ... some will"
Perhaps if you really dig around

I’ve used trusty, pure time, Intime, JTime , Lucy
All had pay up front option only.
Knowledge is power, you’ll need to hand your money over to whomever you see fit. In this game there aren’t really any “industry standard” rules. You trust, you pay….

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
I have used Lucy for years. I always pay when I order. Sometimes, she goes to pick up the watch, which is out of stock, so I wait as long as it takes. If you are in a hurry and are not looking for perfection, use another TD. I never recommend Lucy to new members because they tend to think buying illegal counterfeit watches is the same as buying from Amazon.

Len

Len
1/11/23
Just a quick question, did you read any of the new member materials? If you had, you would know how the process works. Some TD's accept a deposit, most require payment upfront. Your comments indicate you are scared of losing your money. You are purchasing a counterfeit item from a country that would put these guys in jail. All of the TD's here have years of experience. You're not dealing with Amazon here. Trying to change the process will get you nothing but something you will not like. "Fair and reasonable"? Do you know where you are? You're commenting on her "broken english", yet you write about "spraining" a watch from here. WTF is that? I'll let the other members educate you in their own unique ways.
Understood. All good points. I’m not criticizing the English, only noting it. She was entirely pleasant in the email exchange.

Len

Len
1/11/23
Understood. All good points. I’m not criticizing the English, only noting it. She was entirely pleasant in the email exchange.
fyi, I ordered a Batman from Lucy today. Paid up front. I hope she is as good as everyone says. I’ll keep you posted.

Len

Len
1/11/23
fyi, I ordered a Batman from Lucy today. Paid up front. I hope she is as good as everyone says. I’ll keep you posted.
Just to bring this full circle, I received my Batman from Lucy today. The process was a bit long as it took her some time to procure the specific Batman (clean, dadong 3285 on oyster), and then it time to QC, ship and get through US customs. But I agree that patience is key and in the end worth the wait. If you are willing to wait, she will get you the high quality watch with the specifications you asked for. I found Lucy to be easy, trustworthy, and reliable and would certainly recommend her without hesitation. She was great.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
You will notice that many long-time members buy from Lucy because they care more about quality over speed. Terms are always pay when you place your order. As long as you use the TD's you don't have to worry.

Reactions: joeyc

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Dealers are middle men and women, they have to pay for the watch to get it from the factory. As long as your using a td here your good. Buy the seller not the watch.

You pay for the watch when you order it
A week or a few weeks later you get qc pictures depending how hard it is to get.
You either accept or decline it
She test it, her watchmaker looks it over cleans it.
Then it gets sent out

Lucy is not the fastest td- however your getting a good watch that’s tested out before receiving it.
She was able to source me 2 watches no other td could. But be patient process could take 1-3 months. It’s not Amazon.

Reactions: tkingjr

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
I have used Lucy for years. I always pay when I order. Sometimes, she goes to pick up the watch, which is out of stock, so I wait as long as it takes. If you are in a hurry and are not looking for perfection, use another TD. I never recommend Lucy to new members because they tend to think buying illegal counterfeit watches is the same as buying from Amazon.
So funny that’s exactly what I said

Reactions: tkingjr