• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Project start teaser, first real Omega CrPO Franken!

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Noob case tear down of the HE valve. And I was chocked its almost 1:1 and is functioning as the gen. Tube, 2 gaskets , washer, spring, screw and crown. Mine was slightly misalign when fully screwed down so I will realign it.
Only difference the gen is threaded noob is pressed with a tiny amount of glue. The gen HE valve should be much easier to installed compared to the PO V5 that require drilling and heavy case modding.

l83r.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Love these kind of the threads! Thanks for all the info santre22!

Noob has put a lot of work with this is one as it seems...

captaincaveman

17/2/12
Wow awesome post. So you're saying the noob actually has a functional HEV? I had always thought it was just for show. So does the the HEV penetrate through the case? My notion was the crown just screwed onto the exterior of the case and didn't do anything except pretend to be an HEV.

Noob case tear down of the HE valve. And I was chocked its almost 1:1 and is functioning as the gen. Tube, 2 gaskets , washer, spring, screw and crown. Mine was slightly misalign when fully screwed down so I will realign it.
Only difference the gen is threaded noob is pressed with a tiny amount of glue. The gen HE valve should be much easier to installed compared to the PO V5 that require drilling and heavy case modding.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Wow awesome post. So you're saying the noob actually has a functional HEV? I had always thought it was just for show. So does the the HEV penetrate through the case? My notion was the crown just screwed onto the exterior of the case and didn't do anything except pretend to be an HEV.

Yes the HE valve penetrate the case and is constructed as a gen manual HE valve except that the the gen tube is threaded in the case an the rep is pressed. But I used "liquid gasket glue" a special glue from loctite when I pressed the tube back yesterday so it should be the same water resistant as the gen anyway.
many watches with HE valve, pushers, crown tube etc is pressed in to the case on gen watches to.

now I'm super happy how the he valve on my rep align with the case side when fully screwed down.
cf5z.jpg

also the small o-rings in the he valve was properly greased directly from noob factory that was also a surprise. Especially when the case back gasket was dry. I think the HE valve come from a other part factory already assembled. And that's why it was so good. Noob only attached it to the case I guess.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Some new tease photos, now all I need is that gen dial. The noob case have milled slots for the movement ring tabs at the exact same place as the gen 8500 have its movment holder screws so with a simple custom made movement ring it's not to problematic to install the gen movement in the rep case, I'm really happy today :). I tested it this morning and the results is here.

s62z.jpg

0qlw.jpg

42e2.jpg

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I forgot to say the winding stem align perfect in the tube also. That was a big concern before I started this project. Some times luck is very appreciated. :D

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
My oh my... One of the greatest frankens i have ever seen. This is epic!

Snaaakeey

25/2/14
Uk
I love the look of the caliber 8500 but with the cost of it and the dial it's a little too expensive for me !

Santre. What position did you set the crown in when you removed the 2836 movement. I'll be doing this soon to install gen crystal and wondered how it went with this clone movement ?

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
I love the look of the caliber 8500 but with the cost of it and the dial it's a little too expensive for me !

Santre. What position did you set the crown in when you removed the 2836 movement. I'll be doing this soon to install gen crystal and wondered how it went with this clone movement ?

I usually set it in the time set position and forward the hands to 12o clock position because its easier to remove the hands if they all align. But for just removing the stem and take out the movement with dial and hands for a crystal change it doesn't matter just be careful don't push to deep on the stem release button then you will screw up the keyless.

Corral

Known Member
30/8/13
An amazing project, enjoy it and thanks for sharing this. What a beautiful movement you have there!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Snaaakeey

25/2/14
Uk
I usually set it in the time set position and forward the hands to 12o clock position because its easier to remove the hands if they all align. But for just removing the stem and take out the movement with dial and hands for a crystal change it doesn't matter just be careful don't push to deep on the stem release button then you will screw up the keyless.

Many thanks santre

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Wow the backside can now pass for gen no question!

Great thread mate, look forward to following the rest of your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Wow the backside can now pass for gen no question!

Great thread mate, look forward to following the rest of your build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I'm done with it only the serial no will indicate its a rep. All other parts except case, movement ring, crown, he valve and crystal will be gen. And those parts is already perfect.

Snaaakeey

25/2/14
Uk
Sutupid noob question but what is the protective yellow stuff your using. It looks very interesting.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Sutupid noob question but what is the protective yellow stuff your using. It looks very interesting.

It's polymide tape bought at Cousins UK. It's a very durable protecting tape use for polishing or other work where you need to protect a surface. It comes in a bunch of different wides from 1 to 40 mm I think. Highly recommended.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Woooaaaahhhhh. Subscribed! If you want to let go of the rep dial, let me know, I'll take it off your hands!

ericb196

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
18/5/11
Fantastic santre, I like it :)

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Now I have ordered the gen dial. Almost feel stupid spending this crazy amount on a rep. But it's for science or something. So I think this project have to wait another weeks and maybe few month for further work.. I will keep posting and make updates as soon I have any new interesting info.

thanks to all RWI members who helped me out with different things for this project.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Gen crown on its way to you "in the name of science"

I don't even have a CrPO and I wouldn't buy one unless it was this one with a gen 8500.