• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Producer Michael Rolex vs Rep Rolex Deep Sea

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Actually, he doesn’t mostly own watches made by Jacob. He got some but the other watches he own are beautiful. He pretty much own everything from a lange to Rolex, Patek and so on.
I said he owns millions of pounds worth of absolute tasteless hot garbage, mostly made by Jacob & Co. I.e, most of the garbage he owns is Jacob & Co, which it is. I didn't say his entire collection was garbage. Just that millions of pounds worth of it, absolutely is.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
Just shows having money doesn’t equate to having good taste

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I’m a much bigger fan of Kevin O’Leary. Impressive watches just too many red straps

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
The man owns millions of pounds worth of absolute tasteless hot garbage, mostly made by Jacob & Co. They would probably go out of business if he stopped buying them.
Those Jacob co watches are priced at around 1mil each. Their sales people are always desperate to sell to anyone walking into their store.
The watches also feel like shit, you might as well put a water balloon on your wrist. Not 1 customer is ever there looking around.
Yet these rappers and youtubers think that the more dough you spend the better the watch , just come to show only cuz you got cash doesn't mean you got class or taste.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Those Jacob co watches are priced at around 1mil each. Their sales people are always desperate to sell to anyone walking into their store.
The watches also feel like shit, you might as well put a water balloon on your wrist. Not 1 customer is ever there looking around.
Yet these rappers and youtubers think that the more dough you spend the better the watch , just come to show only cuz you got cash doesn't mean you got class or taste.
This.

It's a shame they look it way they do. I actually respect the incredible horology of the complications in, for example, the Astronomia, The Godfather and the Bugatti watch. The difficulty is that they look like a kids toy watch made of plastic, or an aliexpress copy. I tried on an Astronomia in Hong Kong and it was incredibly light, bulbous and cheap feeling. None of these are features I want in a watch the dealer was asking 300k USD for. By contrast the 35k AP 15400 felt luxurious, high quality and classy. Even if I was a billionaire I'd have taken the AP. I'd have made an offer on the box for the Jacob though. Their box game is second to none 😆

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I dont get all the hate. Do you have a watch company? And how many models do you have? Non not one. Jacob watches from day one were flashy watches with multiple time zones. They didnt want to look like Rolex, AP, Patek, Cartier. They created a brand to be fun for people who love to be flashy. A person who buys their watch wants to stand out. And thats fine. You wont like all the watches that exists. But its great they do. Because there should be more options. I love their watches because sadly Rolex AP and others can get boring and you just want something different. And nothing wrong with that. Its same when people bash Hublo. They do it the same as you do here. But I still think there is nothing wrong with either. So its not your taste or price and thats fine move on. But in the end its not meant for you. Also how can you say a person destroyed a watch for putting a red watch band? Thats personal preference and in the end his watches his taste and he can do what he wants. Same when people bling out a great watch. I was one who saw it as thats sux but learned of that makes a person happy its their money spend it how and on what you want not what society tells you. Look at us we are on the shame list form buying replicas. A society will bash us the most compered to someone wearing a Jacob gen. We are no different. You cannot bash someone who wears and buys a gen while you wear replicas. Thats it on my rant. We just need to be supportive and not quick to bash because its not our style or look or price. RM watches look like children toys you would get in a Happy Meal yet everyone loves them and so do I. Why because they are willing to fight the norm on a watch. So lets see more positivity on here than just bashing.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I dont get all the hate. Do you have a watch company? And how many models do you have? Non not one. Jacob watches from day one were flashy watches with multiple time zones. They didnt want to look like Rolex, AP, Patek, Cartier. They created a brand to be fun for people who love to be flashy. A person who buys their watch wants to stand out. And thats fine. You wont like all the watches that exists. But its great they do. Because there should be more options. I love their watches because sadly Rolex AP and others can get boring and you just want something different. And nothing wrong with that. Its same when people bash Hublo. They do it the same as you do here. But I still think there is nothing wrong with either. So its not your taste or price and thats fine move on. But in the end its not meant for you. Also how can you say a person destroyed a watch for putting a red watch band? Thats personal preference and in the end his watches his taste and he can do what he wants. Same when people bling out a great watch. I was one who saw it as thats sux but learned of that makes a person happy its their money spend it how and on what you want not what society tells you. Look at us we are on the shame list form buying replicas. A society will bash us the most compered to someone wearing a Jacob gen. We are no different. You cannot bash someone who wears and buys a gen while you wear replicas. Thats it on my rant. We just need to be supportive and not quick to bash because its not our style or look or price. RM watches look like children toys you would get in a Happy Meal yet everyone loves them and so do I. Why because they are willing to fight the norm on a watch. So lets see more positivity on here than just bashing.
Wait, so we are not allowed to opine ? I'm not looking to polish Jacob's felonious knob.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I don’t have herpes , but I would certainly hate to have it.

If you want endless positivity, then find a nice soft chick flick to watch.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
De gustibus non est disputandum.

Reactions: EuroTime25