• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with A7750 chronograph

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
I’ve bought a Daytona sold as “Swiss ETA”
I think moments it’s just an A7750
The hours subdial of chronograph starts on its own even when it is not started, what can it be?
May I repair it on my own opening the case and “adjusting” or “put back in place” some wheels? :p

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
One of the worst movements ever put in a Daytona is the 7750. You will have to find a watchmaker on here willing to take a look at it.
Yeah! It is very noisy and the watch “dance” on my wrist when balancer is charging… hope the A4130 on the superclone is not like this 7750

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You'd be better off chalking up that one as landfill fodder and putting your money towards a Clean or BTF with the SA 4130 clone movement.

couchp0tat0

Just a Watchnerd
Banned
Certified
18/4/19
Germany/ EU
You located in EU? There's some good watchmakers here that can repair that damn thing.
I only had issues with those movements in my ones as well..
Chronograph didn't work all of a sudden.. Second hand runs wenn chrono activated yadayada..
Gl mate

Reactions: Giammy

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
You located in EU? There's some good watchmakers here that can repair that damn thing.
I only had issues with those movements in my ones as well..
Chronograph didn't work all of a sudden.. Second hand runs wenn chrono activated yadayada..
Gl mate
Thank you :) 🙏 I hope can be easily repaired

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
As a side note, some of the older 7750 movements would encounter this issue. I had an old one from way back that would slowly wander. Mine was in a tag replica . Pressing the reset button with zero it out though, then it would randomly wander again sometimes later that day sometimes not for a week or so.

Reactions: couchp0tat0

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I have a sugess tona with a 7750
basically a low tier rep with a homage dial and crown.

I never use the chrono. It's wonky as hell. Reset button works when it feels like it.

Very comfortable watch though and nice when you don't want to wear a rep

couchp0tat0

Just a Watchnerd
Banned
Certified
18/4/19
Germany/ EU
I have a sugess tona with a 7750
basically a low tier rep with a homage dial and crown.

I never use the chrono. It's wonky as hell. Reset button works when it feels like it.

Very comfortable watch though and nice when you don't want to wear a rep
Seeing you around always a pleasure :)

Reactions: Karbon74