• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[PPF] Nautilus White Dial - Initial impression & Photos

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
:hypno: Wow, wow , man your pictures are outstanding! It has made the PPF look like million bucks

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Got mine yesterday and my wife just took it away from me....
My feeling is

• Moderate
    • Bezel thickness : Actually not , if you are not try to make it personal..
    • Protruding crown : Yes it is, should be considered on V2
    • Uneven twelve o'clock markers : I'm lucky and nitpick with the TD so it's pretty straight
    • Occasionally misaligned datewheel : A little but not a big deal and for 46 of age, my eyesight wasn't that great (Not even bother change DW modify)
    • Incorrect movement (duh) : Not compare to GEN but better than other in the market for now..
  • Low
    • Logo font : Yes a little thicker would be amazing
    • Print quality : Agree
    • Unfinished inner edges around the date window : Like OP said , Devils in the detail..
    • 12 o'clock markers on mine reflect light differently and look like a mismatch : My wife took it from me so.. later i'll know
    • Imperfect lume : Don't know yet
    • Other small imperfections (e.g. dust, scratch) on either dial or movement : a week with it would be seen more
  • Feel
    • Some sharp edges inside the bracelet : a little and I preferred PF bracelet, PPF feel flimsy or may be it just thinner
    • Bracelet clasp -- it's a battle trying to get this to open : Absolutely... same experience
    • Crown is rough to wind : Me too and i think it is 9015 character.. I don't think clean & oil will help much as i did with my PF before.
Initial impression:
  • It's a high quality rep that seems to accurately capture the essence of gen design. Yeah..
  • For the price, however, I wish the QC was better out of factory. If you read the megathread on PPF Nautilus, nearly every QC photo has either misaligned markers at 12 o'clock and/or incorrectly shaped markers at 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, or 11 o'clock positions.Yep
  • Bracelet clasp is a huge pain to open. I expect this to be the first point of failure. If you know of a way to open this more gracefully, please let me know! On the same page
  • Regardless or quality issues or tells, its a beautiful watch. It won't be this beauty if it is not from the picture you taken.

thanks for this!

Reactions: PP4Ever

betterbezel

Horology Curious
29/7/19
What a wonderful review and such great photos! would you mind sending / commenting with the link to the specific watch? I notice dealers sometimes change their website and I want to make sure I order the correct watch! :)

KtsItaly

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/12/20
wow! awesome pictures! Unfortunately the clasp has the same problem of the gen ????

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Love the review and photo details. Your graphic explanations are spot on. Enjoy in good health!!