• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post your Tudor Pics

Iceberg99

Supporter
Certified
10/9/19
That's a straight up stunner! Have the specs been posted before?
Thank you I built it myself and Yes but not on this thread
Full Case: bivintagestore
Dial: Yuki
Hands: Raffles
rotor: tudor engraved from raffles
Bezel insert: vintage watch parts on ebay
Bracelet: raffles with proper 380b endlinks
Movement brand new top grade eta 2824

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
Thank you I built it myself and Yes but not on this thread
Full Case: bivintagestore
Dial: Yuki
Hands: Raffles
rotor: tudor engraved from raffles
Bezel insert: vintage watch parts on ebay
Bracelet: raffles with proper 380b endlinks
Movement brand new top grade eta 2824
Of course! It's the watch with the VWP bezel we discussed on the other thread! Lovely!

Reactions: Iceberg99

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
KexMGX.jpeg

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
Insert info on that one, please!
This one is still sort of "in the works".
I had a 9401 in a JFK case that I liked a lot but remained fascinated with the blue model + as I wore it daily during the holiday, I lacked a date.
So I resolved to build one.
I first built one using Raffles parts but was disappointed by the case (too big).
So I built another one with the Raffles dial and hands and a Tiger concept case. I aged the hands and indexes and was quite happy with the result for a while but decided to find a better dial.
I thus bought a Yuki dial and Tiger concept hands but found them too small for the opening of the case. So, I had to find a viet case...
I found the latter in a 9411 from a M2M sale here. The dial was a bit too "pacific blue" (but the price was reasonable) so I used it in a build which I sold here. I also sold the Tiger / Raffles 9411 I had made (which in retrospect was very nice even though not accurate!).
I dismantled the M2M 9411 to use the viet case (I like its thinness and dial opening), replaced the bezel insert with a Tiger one (I need to age it), used a P7500 movement (better than A2824 n my opinion), and used the Yuki dial and hands (which I haven't dared to age yet). I also replaced the crystal with a Sternkreuz. So, now I have to be in the right mood to perfect it with some relevant aging for which I'm practicing different techniques. I find the dial a bit too light blue and sadly that cannot be altered... I understand how difficult it is to make a nice blue Tudor compared to a black one, so... to be continued...

Reactions: GDorantes13

Singapore9

Patron
9/8/10
This one is still sort of "in the works".
I had a 9401 in a JFK case that I liked a lot but remained fascinated with the blue model + as I wore it daily during the holiday, I lacked a date.
So I resolved to build one.
I first built one using Raffles parts but was disappointed by the case (too big).
So I built another one with the Raffles dial and hands and a Tiger concept case. I aged the hands and indexes and was quite happy with the result for a while but decided to find a better dial.
I thus bought a Yuki dial and Tiger concept hands but found them too small for the opening of the case. So, I had to find a viet case...
I found the latter in a 9411 from a M2M sale here. The dial was a bit too "pacific blue" (but the price was reasonable) so I used it in a build which I sold here. I also sold the Tiger / Raffles 9411 I had made (which in retrospect was very nice even though not accurate!).
I dismantled the M2M 9411 to use the viet case (I like its thinness and dial opening), replaced the bezel insert with a Tiger one (I need to age it), used a P7500 movement (better than A2824 n my opinion), and used the Yuki dial and hands (which I haven't dared to age yet). I also replaced the crystal with a Sternkreuz. So, now I have to be in the right mood to perfect it with some relevant aging for which I'm practicing different techniques. I find the dial a bit too light blue and sadly that cannot be altered... I understand how difficult it is to make a nice blue Tudor compared to a black one, so... to be continued...
Good info - thank you! That's quite the journey!

So, that's the Tiger Concepts blue bezel insert? Is it a snap fit to the bezel ring? Looks slightly blue/green in the pic, how is it in real life?

Paglia Orba

Supporter
Certified
11/10/12
Good info - thank you! That's quite the journey!

So, that's the Tiger Concepts blue bezel insert? Is it a snap fit to the bezel ring? Looks slightly blue/green in the pic, how is it in real life?
Yes, that's the TC bezel. Perfect size fit, tt's the best looking I found for an affordable price, it has a slight green hint of a shade that I find better than the reddish hue darker blue ones have. Those are better for 79090, which are easier to build. Anyway, The difference between bezel and dial is almost imperceptible in real life and my plan is to slightly bleach it once I have practiced that on black inserts...

Last edited:
Reactions: Singapore9