• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Post your Tudor Pics

Linear

9/6/16
This one's been a labor of love for a while now. I think I've gone through 4 dials, 6 bezel inserts, 2 movements and 3 or 4 sets of hands trying to get it right..

JKF Case
Gen 2873 Movement
Viet "Refinished" dial
New hands

If anyone has a spare JKF case to sell let me know since I definitely have enough spare parts for another build (or 2)!

But I'm happy with this now..

20180809_131723.jpg

And my collection of Parts:
20180809_135732.jpg

CanRep

13/10/18
Flaskevin Can I ask how easy that was? Thinking of buying a Tudor as well and trying the insert swap, but can't find anywhere with details on the process. Did you heat it up with a blow dryer and peel off/replace yourself?

Flaskevin

Known Member
31/3/15
Flaskevin Can I ask how easy that was? Thinking of buying a Tudor as well and trying the insert swap, but can't find anywhere with details on the process. Did you heat it up with a blow dryer and peel off/replace yourself?

It is a lot like changing the bezel insert on at Rolex Submariner, so you can find tons of instruction videos on Youtube. Like this one, for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDsxC0YNcxQ. However, the click spring looks different on the Black Bay, and the insert is glued on. I did not have to heat it up, since the glue isn't that strong. This is what I did (a bit different than in the video above):

1. Remove the bezel carefully, using a thin/sharp knife. Keep the watch level, so that nothing under the bezel falls out.
2. Carefully peel and push the insert out of the bezel
3. Put the "empty bezel" back on, but don't push hard on it, just enough that you hear/feel the clicks when you turn it.
4. Add small pieces from double-sided tape where the insert goes.
5. Then add the insert, and be sure that it allignes at twelve o'clock.
6. Push the bezel in place, it should "click in" when you add som pressure.
7. Wear it with pride.

I'm absolutely no expert, so I might have done something terribly wrong, but just got lucky ;)

CanRep

13/10/18
Flaskevin Wow thank you so much for the detailed reply! Really really appreciate it! I think I might just have to give it a try when I get my first Tudor.
​​​​​

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Guys, anyone wants to sell LHD XF/V6F ?

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
I visited an AD, I told him that I have a Black Bay back home (I was wearing my gen Speedmaster), and that I would like a Tudor Camo strap for my Black Bay. I payd approx 275 USD.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it!