• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Polarized Rep Sunglasses

Realism

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/12
Please discuss... for old times sakes...

are rep sunglasses polarized? :couple_inlove:

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I have no idea. But here, we have Michael Benjamin's Sunglasses, he sells real ones for a hell of a price! Like a pair of Persol polarized for $130.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Thanks for the reference guys. I do in fact sell a lot of polarized glasses. Currently have only one pair in stock, they are Persol 649s, with photo polar lenses for $155. I also have a group on Whatsapp in which I give realtime stock updates before everyone else gets them. Pm me your whatsapp number and I'll add you.

Chavezzito

24/1/12
Can we pick up this discussion again? I have forgotten about what the conclusion was...discuss...:p

Kaiser

Horology Curious
22/3/11
Surely everyone knows that replica sunglasses will toast your retinas?

:popcorn:

schaffhausen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/10
I've bought rep Oakleys that were polarized, for less than $20. Just look for a good seller.

Chavezzito

24/1/12
Good seller or good looking seller...huge difference and I want to do it right the first time :D

Realism

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/12
there was a lot of interest the last time this pops out when .bz was down :popcorn2:

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
From a personal viewpoint, not a busines one, I can understand why someone would buy a replica of a watch, because there's a big price difference but I really can't understand why people would buy rep subglasses. Most premium sunglasses cost less than a medium priced rep watch. And many times, the real glasses have a distinct advantage in lens quality.

I'd much rather have Crystal clear Persol lenses than fake Persol lenses.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Some people would pay $100 for what is a piece of plastic, manufactured for about £5

Rep sunglasses have been tested elsewhere showing they are safe

hurk

The sound of barf
Supporter
Certified
10/5/11
Not rep glasses but i just got mine swapped out for polarized for $50 at my optometrist.

johng

Renowned Member
16/4/08
Rep sunglasses have been tested elsewhere showing they are safe
Yep, you can argue about how 1:1 they are, but safe they are. Out of curiosity I tested some $5 cheap fake ray bans I bought in Marbella just to see how bad they were - they didn´t look very good, but they filtered UV, which is all that matters.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
Yeah, and at the end of they day there are millions of sunglasses and optical lenses made in china and sold in high street stores.

More the tricky thing with reps are they say they are polarised and its just a lie, like you get fake ray ban with the "P" in the corner but in fact they are just regular uv400 shades

Metalmickey

Renowned Member
1/7/14
Trailboss told some horror stories about the effect on your eyes if sunglasses aren't properly UV coated... on the other hand I bought some rep sunglasses the other day and they were polarised, cos they came with a special magic card that proved it.

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
To be fair, people wore sunglasses before we had UV coating and didn't go blind. That said, I've bought 20 or so pairs and all were UV coated, and the polarized ones were polarized. I think the most expensive ones I bought were $20.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
I was in Shenzhen. There is a mall full of stores selling replica sunglasses. They even make prescription sunglasses in about 1hr. The prices are crazy cheap and the quality is amazing. We were travelling with a group of 3 and bought 10x pairs in total. They have all the machines in order to certify the quality. If it has protection you would know. If they are polarized you would know. Etc.
There are plenty of online shops selling these. On AE, etc. Do not hesitate to try them out..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Jeebus, we have hashed this to death, yet here I am again, ranting, LOL.

There is an easy way to discern whether your sunglasses are Polarized (note the capital P.)

Look at water or another highly reflective surface. If you have a lens that you know is not Polarized, compare the result of the two.

Bottom line: Either you are a penny pincher who needs the benefits of the style or you prefer and respect the benefit of Polaroid's film technology and will pay for it.