• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO links

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
There seems to be no arrows for the direction of removing the links for my new 4th gen PO from andrew. Do me remove the pin in the 3 to 9 oclock direction or vice versa.

Thanx
Eddy

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
you can poke from the parts that don't seem to have the split pin. If you can't indicate then both directions will be ok.

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
It's hard to remove the pin. I suggest you to get someone to do it for you if you don't have proper tools.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
sevomd said:
There seems to be no arrows for the direction of removing the links for my new 4th gen PO from andrew. Do me remove the pin in the 3 to 9 oclock direction or vice versa.
The end with the split is the end you don't push. Use a tool, as these things can be tough.

krustybrand

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
The 4th gen does not use split pins. The pins are a friction fit inside a tube that can be removed from the link once the pin is out (exactly like the gen. Omegas). A small crimp in the very center of the tube provides friction as well as locking the pin, as the pin has a groove in its center. You can push the pin out from either side, but make sure you use the proper tool. Once you get them started, you can grip them with pliers and pull straight out. If you don't pull straight, the pin will bend.

Putting them back in can be difficult without bending too. I have found a 6" long 1" square scrap of hardwood to be effective. Tap the pin straight and gently with the wood and it will go fairly easily when all is lined up right. The wood wont damage or mark the bracelet when you get to the last little bit, but you still must use a pin tool to set the pin's groove in the tube's crimp (i.e. center it in the link). Tap the pin carefully and it will go without trouble. Notice too that the bracelet tapers, so the pins vary in length.