• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO 42mm Re-Lume - London/Essex UK

baz41182

Horology Curious
12/9/08
Hi Everyone,

Im a little dissapointed with the lumination on my Omega PO 42mm rep, was wonderng if anyone can recommend somewhere in London or Essex (UK) where i could get it done with sometop notch stuff?

Prices would help too, im clueless on such matters.

Thank you all in advance for your help and taking time to read this.

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08
There's one guy i know of, based in Milton Keynes. He's a member on here and provides Re-luming with superluminova, watch repairs/servicing, AR work etc.

Email: [email protected]

PM me with a mail address and i'll send his price list/website details..............

Hope this helps!

baz41182

Horology Curious
12/9/08
Whoosh thank you for your mail. much appreciated.

I suppose to Milton Keynes I would have to courier the watch, so if still anyone knows somewhere in London i would appreciate it.

The dissapointing aspect of the lume i currently have is it is so green, the original looks almost white. Is SuperLuminova white or green in daylight?

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
baz41182 said:
Whoosh thank you for your mail. much appreciated.

I suppose to Milton Keynes I would have to courier the watch, so if still anyone knows somewhere in London i would appreciate it.

The dissapointing aspect of the lume i currently have is it is so green, the original looks almost white. Is SuperLuminova white or green in daylight?

mate, just post the watch out to him by special delivery and be extremely thankful there's someone in your country who can help you. You won't find anyone just around the corner from you who will relume your reps and make you a cup of tea while u wait, believe me. A lot of UK based people have been sending their reps to Europe or the US for most mods. I can also recommend Rocket very highly. He's a top bloke.

baz41182

Horology Curious
12/9/08
OK great, perhaps me and the girlfriend will have a day out in Milton Keynes :)

Also i have just googles and found u can get difference colours of the lume :)

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08
I think if you take your girlfriend for a day out in Milton Keynes, you'd be single very quickly...........have you been there!! :lol:

baz41182

Horology Curious
12/9/08
We could go to the indoor skiing place?
No never had the privelage of going there

Aji

Known Member
31/5/07
Baz,

Rocketeer is a sound chap... I just had my 127 repaierd and its great... In all honesty you can go wrong with him... just my 2 pence worth :D

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
so if still anyone knows somewhere in London i would appreciate it.

Ya, as has been said. You are lucky there is anyone in the entire UK. Try living in OZ (why not, half your countrymen are here :) ) There is NO ONE to do relumes in the whole damn country! Gens are sent to Singapore, thousands of miles away.

Whoosh, send me his details to please. I have a gen Seiko I will want doing if I ever have money again. Bloody Wall Street :x

Col.

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08
Col

Mail sent to your Ozfirefund mail address (sorry, only mail address i have for you!) i've included Rocketeers service menu and price list as an attachment.
He's currently implementing Customer relationship software so you can track the progress of the work online.... a great idea considering most of us have that "I want my watch NOW" persona :shock:

smithy37

3/2/09
Sorry to Jump in to this thread, but I live in the UK and have been looking for someone like Rockateer for a while now.

Whoosh, can you please email or PM me his details and price list too.

Thanks

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Looks like rockateers gunna be a busey little beaver! There's a guy in Spain too. Don't know anything about him tho.

http://www.the-relumer.com/ Who's first?

Col.

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
trailboss99 said:

Ya, as has been said. You are lucky there is anyone in the entire UK. Try living in OZ (why not, half your countrymen are here :) ) There is NO ONE to do relumes in the whole damn country! Gens are sent to Singapore, thousands of miles away.

Perhaps but should we compare:
Ozzie rugby vs English rugby
Ozzie surfing vs English surfing
Ozzie bbq (with English beer) vs English bbq (with English beer)

... those are pretty big things!! (the greatest advantage, football, isn't even one anymore... check the prices of tickets to Premier's games)

Last, at least Ozzie subs don't hit French subs in the middle of the Atlantic...)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
whoosh70 said:
Col

Mail sent to your Ozfirefund mail address (sorry, only mail address i have for you!) i've included Rocketeers service menu and price list as an attachment.
He's currently implementing Customer relationship software so you can track the progress of the work online.... a great idea considering most of us have that "I want my watch NOW" persona :shock:

the portal from Rocket is already up and working for over 10 days....I have receied a mail yesterday and now I can see the picks of the lume applied on the dial........great service.

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08
Para........thats a bit harsh :evil:

Ozzie rugby v English rugby: World cup 2003 final? World cup 2007 quarter final??
Ozzie surfing v English surfing: no-ones ever been eaten by a shark in Cornwall!
Ozzie BBQ v English BBQ: no argument there :cry:
Football: Do our Aussie cousins HAVE a football team??
Submarines: Ah yes....Australia, that great seafaring nation....weren't all the Oz submarines decommissioned due to the Fosters cans getting stuck in the torpedo tubes??

Para said:
trailboss99 said:

Perhaps but should we compare:
Ozzie rugby vs English rugby
Ozzie surfing vs English surfing
Ozzie bbq (with English beer) vs English bbq (with English beer)

... those are pretty big things!! (the greatest advantage, football, isn't even one anymore... check the prices of tickets to Premier's games)

Last, at least Ozzie subs don't hit French subs in the middle of the Atlantic...)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
OMFG! they did what?????????????

Yes, we have a football team. Several in fact. Even one that plays with a round ball! You may remember them doing rather well at the last world cup.

No one has ever been taken by a shark in cornwall 'cause it's too damn cold to swim in cornwall! 'sides, the stones on the beach hurt your feet.

And for the hundreth time: Aussies don't drink Fosters! Only Poms and Chinese drink the stuff. It ain't even MADE here anymore!

Do you honestly think we would drink that dishwater?????? The only time you see Aussies drinking Fosters is at The Church in London 'cause that's all they sell.

Col.

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08
So.....you guys invent the worlds worst beer then only export it......thanks a lot!!

Next time you're over i'll buy you a proper beer.....Guinness!!

Yes....... the Royal Navy hit a French sub, as you can see it doesn't have any lights and wasn't that easy to see! :wink:

trailboss99 said:
OMFG! they did what?????????????

Yes, we have a football team. Several in fact. Even one that plays with a round ball! You may remember them doing rather well at the last world cup.

No one has ever been taken by a shark in cornwall 'cause it's too damn cold to swim in cornwall! 'sides, the stones on the beach hurt your feet.

And for the hundreth time: Aussies don't drink Fosters! Only Poms and Chinese drink the stuff. It ain't even MADE here anymore!

Do you honestly think we would drink that dishwater?????? The only time you see Aussies drinking Fosters is at The Church in London 'cause that's all they sell.

Col.