• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ploprof V1.5 and V2 Pic Comparision

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
I was lucky to find a V2 Ploprof last week, here some pictures next to my loved old V1.5
prices are crazy these days, V2 trading values are around 800 Eur (huh!). But there is nothing comparable aside from some hommage watches, Ploprof hate it or love it

Here the V2

and the V1.5

note the different Lume structure, the V2 seems to be used as daily rocker with visible faded orange Hand and seamaster lettering

inox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
2/8/23
GER
Great pics. Wonderful job

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
About a year ago I passed on a V1.5 because only a V2 would do for me. You are right, they are impossible to find. One of the most desirable watches of all time.

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
When i started my fantastic voyage in the Rep World ( 2010 or 2011) this was by far the °impossible to find ° Rep of them all !

15 years after, it is still impossibile to fine !

@thenut : great photos !!💪

Reactions: ksaander and thenut

ksaander

Supporter
29/4/10
EU
Factories are leaving quite a bit money on the table not rereleasing it.. There some homages like Steeldive, San Martin and expensive Ocean7. On the verge to buy Steeldive old Ploprof model homage..

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Factories are leaving quite a bit money on the table not rereleasing it.. There some homages like Steeldive, San Martin and expensive Ocean7. On the verge to buy Steeldive old Ploprof model homage..
Maybe it is too a 'niche' martket...i mean, factory are re-releasing the Audemars Piguet Survivor (for the third or fourth time ) ....maybe the PloProf is onlty for conneusseurs.

Reactions: ksaander

ksaander

Supporter
29/4/10
EU
Probably you are right. Uniblock from 600m version is anyway more attractive for me, so probably will go homage route one day.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
I've got the impression that the San Martin ploprof has disappeared.
No longer listed on Aliexpress or San Martin website. Not sure if out of stock or discontinued.
I'm glad I got one in time. Should have ordered two.
Am also tempted to get the bronze Steeldive one, not a huge fan of bronze in general but I think it suits the ploprof style.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Probably you are right. Uniblock from 600m version is anyway more attractive for me, so probably will go homage route one day.
Yes, but then we need to find a source for 32mm "gen-like" dials and casebacks. The Uniblock casebook from the Steeldive model looks vaguely similar to the gen (engraved stripes).

ksaander

Supporter
29/4/10
EU
My understanding Steeldive 1988 steel version is a mishmash with Omega 1200 design and measurements, but 600 style case - so you cant replace caseback, so more a fantasy homage.