• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help.... was I ripped off??

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i like the USP....have one in 10mm !! - to bad yours is a softair in the pic ! n i c e Omega !!

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
horologie_unitas said:
i like the USP....have one in 10mm !! - to bad yours is a softair in the pic ! n i c e Omega !!

Softair, are you kidding me? :shock: LOL!

cntrl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/06
I have a gen oris TT1 diver with the sellita mov't. runs very smooth and keeps very accurate time.
no problems here so far. :D

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
It may be a great movement, but it isn't ETA. ETA carries a lot of weight when you are trying to sell a watch, Sellita sw200 means nothing to a buyer. Please let us know the dealer.

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
We should be told who the dealer is......please tell for the sake of us all

jon200pa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/3/07
I like dealing with George of MBW a pleasure to deal with, just not a man of many words. Then there's Andrew, he'll bend over backwards to make sure you get what you wanted.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
jb, why are you "disappointed" that Breitling and Oris are using modified Sellita movements? I have seen no anecdotal stories, nor any empirical data that would point to the SW200 being an inferior movement to the 2824 that it emulates.

LOTS of respected brands are switching to Sellita or Valgranges movements in anticipation of the impending "ETA will only be available to Swatch Group brands" situation.

It's a Swiss movement just like the ETA movements. In fact, since I haven't ever heard anything about Sellita having manufacturing plants in Asia/PacRim, it's probably *more* Swiss than the ETA movements.

Sorry to get this thread off on a tangent. The point of this thread is not about which movement is better or worse, it's about not getting what you were promised.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Who was the dealer who misrepresented the movement to you? We all deseve to know who it was so as to avoid them in future!

I never want to be in doubt over which movement I will receive.....the movement is the heart of the watch, I like my watches to run for a decent time and be servicable and easy to maitain.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Wow lads. This is essentially a Swiss ETA 2824. All the rep movements are assembled in China anyway as we well know. This just has a different base plate. Its a great movement and will give you years of service. Now move on..... Enjoy your watch.

Renowned Member
19/10/06
It's not about how good the movement is. It's about product misrepresentation. I don't think they get it in China...

bme

Renowned Member
21/1/07
Depends who the dealer is. Swiss or not Swiss that is the question. There are some wonderfully supported dealers here who misrepresent the movements in their advertising.....it's all old cartel ground that's been covered.

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
It's only a big hassle for us because we allow them to make it so.

If they made the mistake or misrepresentation, they should eat all of the cost in making it right--including all shipping to get it back to them and/or sending replacement or refund.

I am still in awe that no one has unified against this practice that seems so common in this hobby. Whty should the consumer have to pay the freight to return an item that is defective or misrepresented to the dealer?

I will never understand that.

CISO