• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean

dloader

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/12
Hi guys,
I am looking to buy my 1st online rep. I want the best looking replica available. Preferrence would be a Black 45mm. Any pointers to a good quality dealer you know of guys?
Thanks in advance!!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
What research have you done yet?

dloader

9/7/12
Well checked a bunch of dealer section, and omega section.

WBK looks trustworthy, i have sent him a PM. Not sure if he has the 45mm.
Learnt that the 5th gen 42mm and UPO 45mm are the latest and best rep releases.
:)

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!!

Rich_IX

Known Member
28/5/12
My 2c I got the latest version of the 42mm Omega Seamaster with the blue dial and orange bezel its my daily beater and one of the best reps Iv owned. I think the 42mm version has the best matching orange bezel to the gen the 45mm colour is slightly off I got mine from Toro

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
UPO is the best 45.5. WBK might not carry that.

Try SuperMirrors, Trevor or Hont.

dloader

9/7/12
why are there only 5 gen of reps? With Countless replica makers, how is all that categorized into just 5?
When I looked around at Canal St in nyc I found dozens of differering replicas. Some were real good looking, but did not have an identical original. eg. Quantum of solace chrono 42mm black (beautiful watch). which category do these fall into?

thran

9/7/12
Well checked a bunch of dealer section, and omega section.

WBK looks trustworthy, i have sent him a PM. Not sure if he has the 45mm.
Learnt that the 5th gen 42mm and UPO 45mm are the latest and best rep releases.
:)

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks!!

I have done the same research pretty much, but how do you know if silix or other places are on their 5th or 4th generation? especially from their websites?

TheCold

15/8/09
My 2c I got the latest version of the 42mm Omega Seamaster with the blue dial and orange bezel its my daily beater and one of the best reps Iv owned. I think the 42mm version has the best matching orange bezel to the gen the 45mm colour is slightly off I got mine from Toro

Blue dial? That's the AR coating:maty:

I would also advice you to go with either the UPO or the latest PO (if you want 42mm). The thing with these watches are that you can exchange parts for gen ones if you feel you want it to be more gen-like

dloader

9/7/12
Thanks for all your help guys.
I ended up ordering my first rep - a 45.5mm black dial po from WBK. He called it the UPO lite. Lets see how it works out :unsure:

dloader

9/7/12
1c047955.jpg

0e964ad7.jpg

e99dfb2b.jpg

7e7899bc.jpg

ezioauditore

3/5/12
Looks like a winner. You said this was described as 'UPO lite'. Differences between this and the UPO?

dloader

9/7/12
Decent lume....i think its a sapphire based on the bluish purple glow when held at an angle...

Ardee

Horology Curious
17/5/12
How close is this aesthetically to the real deal? I think I might pull my first trigger on this one...

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Looks like a winner. You said this was described as 'UPO lite'. Differences between this and the UPO?

A few difference off the top of my head are:

WBK uses 21j movement, low beat, where the UPO either has an Asian ETA Clone or Swiss movement.

WBK dial has happy feet. The new UPO does not.

The Pearl is better on a UPO.

HE valve position is usually better on the newer UPO's.

All that said, WBK offers a great option. There are a few other options in that range.