• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 8500 45.5: loved the rep so much, I bought the gen!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
It's funny how we all notice different things or different things stick in the mind.
The wider lume infill area on the gen(which make the markers look bigger and more prominent), also the more noticeable sparkle and grain to the gen dial which make it look richer ...vs the rep which looks a bit flat..(it is more noticeable irl)
...and the overall crisper case cut and finer brushed vs polished lines are what stand out. At the same time if they tidy up that AR on the rep they will be a cracking selection of reps for the price!

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Wait. That's it?

Generally these threads start with pictures.. They aren't requested. :img:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
A few pages before there is a thread.

Please do a little searching before opening a new thread.

Merged with that one!

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I have not noticed this thread, very nice gen, congrats! I need to go to AD tomorrow to see how much better feel the genuine can have compared to rep that feels super nice.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
The gen is just noticeably crisper vs rep, i.e, its difficult to define but you'll see it once in the hand, blacker dial, whiter markers, crisper edges. Still for for $300 vs $6000 they did a good job.....but still they could have done so much better if they put in AP diver/JLC NSD/Pam111 type of effort!