• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 45.5MM Ultimate

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well, i have to say no. Even i was pretty sure my dealer could get me indeed a swiss eta i went with the clone. Its the best choice, it works like a charm and if/when it dies you could get a swiss and do the swap. So save your money...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Welcome to the club!!! Nice choice, and excellent dealer...

mikered2000

Horology Curious
27/8/11
cptkirk or group, thing about going for the UPO 45 from MR. but you mentioned not to go with a Swiss rep, why not? I'm going to be a first time buyer my self so I'm trying to gather as much info before making my purchase.. thanks all for the great post/ advise so far..

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You can't be sure you will get a "Swiss" movement. I suggest you search and read up on the Swiss vs. Asian ETA debate. :)

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
I thInk MR can be trusted for Swiss mvt. He is the only dealer open yr watch to show you the mvt.

fastlaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/09
Can anyone comment on the weight of the 45.5 ultimate? Does it feel heavy/substantial like the gen? My problem with the 21j version is that it feels light and cheap.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Can anyone comment on the weight of the 45.5 ultimate? Does it feel heavy/substantial like the gen? My problem with the 21j version is that it feels light and cheap.

Yes it feels heavy, espesially with the bracelet...

Sent from my Desire HD

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
There is omega logo on the crown, its just the angle that makes a little difficult to see. The one you posted its currently the best one out there, buy it with confidence, its just an amazing watch!!!

nonsequitur140

Horology Curious
12/11/11
Omega Planet Ocean

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I'd like to say first that you've got some great information here. I wanted to ask some advice as this is the first replica I am going to purchase. I read on replicawatchreport.net (don't know how reputable the site is) that this site is rather good for reps http://www.perfectwatches.net/. The particular watch I'm interested in is this one http://www.perfectwatches.net/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-co-axial-black-case-black-dialom140.html. However now that I've read a bit in this thread I am interested in the one posted above from MR. What would you recommend?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Hello and welcome to the forum!!!
Well if i were you i wouldnt buy that one, it doesnt look good at all. You can go with planet ocean, 42mm or 45.5mm depending on your wrist size. If you dont want to spend much money on your first purchase you can go with the asian 21j movement, but i am sure soon or later you will buy the model with the the 2824-2 movement, so go with this one http://www.marvellousreplica.com/products_detail.php?ProId=1191 from the beggining and you wont be disapointed...MR is great dealer and will take care of you...

nonsequitur140

Horology Curious
12/11/11
Thanks for you quick reply! I suspected as much, I'm not too bothered about the price increase if the quality is better, you get what you pay for. Thanks a lot.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well done my friend!!! Very nice choice, you will love it, i am sure... I will be waiting some pics as soon as you get it...

maximusjones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/10
Hey guys--as a follow up, what's the lume like on the MR 45mm PO? Typical rep lume, or do they beef it up since it's the UPO? Thanks in advance!