• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet Ocean 42mm - possible to find?

jackflash

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/10/12
EU
Great watch. Here's my v5 Franken. Gen bezel, dial, hands, datewheel, crown, tube, He valve and endlinks. Oh and a Sunnydale double AR crystal.
c6a5977a869041418c30e1d4e8a3e7a4.jpg

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
That blue is the point, that catches my eyes! It´s one of the big points for me, that makes the watch different and outstanding.

Is this the right version? If yes, i will ask if there is a piece left for me... :hypnotized:

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
OP you might get away with a 45.5, at least try one, you will always be able to move it if its too big.

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
OP you might get away with a 45.5, at least try one, you will always be able to move it if its too big.

Since my wrist is only 6.3" and a PAM 44 is for sure the biggest watch i would wear, i think the 45.5 is too much.

OMG! Torobravo seems to have it in stock: http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128&product_id=151
Is this the right one for real? Model description say´s OM425GEN01 and the picture shows clear blue tint. I´m about pulling the trigger (i didn´t want to buy a watch this month because of buying 2 straps for my PAM already...), but i need to know if this is the watch i´m talking about the whole thread long...... damn addiction.....

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
The V5 PO had the helium valve in the correct position. I can't tell for sure from the pics on Toro's site whether or not it is in the right place.

I try to get some more pictures which should not be impossible, if it is really "on stock".

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
This seems to be the right version, yes! When did you get this from Trevor? The last posts in that thread are two years old now...

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Ordered it mid December, got it in the mail yesterday.

OK, if someone can confirm that this is the right V5, i will order one immediatly when i can decide if red or white numbers. First thought was white, but red would be a nice contrast and makes it less "formally" what could fit better to my every day style which is jeans, not suit.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
Ordered it mid December, got it in the mail yesterday.

Interesting. The last time I tried to order one, I was told that the factory had stopped making them. Would you post a couple pics if you get a chance?

OK, if someone can confirm that this is the right V5, i will order one immediatly when i can decide if red or white numbers. First thought was white, but red would be a nice contrast and makes it less "formally" what could fit better to my every day style which is jeans, not suit.

The numbers should be orange, not red.

ThePapabear71

29/11/15
Interesting. The last time I tried to order one, I was told that the factory had stopped making them. Would you post a couple pics if you get a chance?

The numbers should be orange, not red.

OK, i assume about this, that it should be the correct version and yes, numbers are orange. I should just turn off f.lux (changes color temperature of the monitor after sundown) when watching pictures to see correct colors... :doh:

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Here is a quick shot of what I just got from Trevor, I am not sure it is the high beat movement I ordered, I am attempting to figure that out, but it seems pretty good overall, but I am not sure it is really a V5, the HE valve seems lower than the pictures on his album.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The blue hue y'all were discussing came with the coaxial A&B series of these watches. The coating scratched easily so Omega changed the Ar to a more subdued blue gray. This was much better. The V5 had good Ar, but nothing close to gen or profsteve's coatings.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
My v5 franken on the right. gen on the left.

IMG_20160105_175121_zpsix8gweuv.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
Here is a quick shot of what I just got from Trevor, I am not sure it is the high beat movement I ordered, I am attempting to figure that out, but it seems pretty good overall, but I am not sure it is really a V5, the HE valve seems lower than the pictures on his album.

Helium valve is low, but other than that it looks really good.