• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

-={ Pimlico's Rolex Super Reps Recommendation }=-

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
=========================================================
? ? ?_? ?? Pimlico's Rolex Super Reps Recommendation ? ? ?_? ??
========================================================

I'm posting my personal recommendations and experience with Rolex replica watches. I'm also including a lot of information I have found from searching the forum and advice from subject matter experts. Specifically I'm going to recommend super reps that are easily obtainable on the market. Many new members ask "what's the best Rolex to buy?" The answer is to first choose the style that you're interested in, then we can make a recommendation.

Many people take on the journey of building "frankens." Typically a franken watch starts out as a replica and slowly you replace the replica parts with genuine Rolex parts. For example many people replace the crown, bezel, dial, and spring bars with genuine Rolex parts, then the watch is referred to as a franken. However my recommendation will only mention the existence of frankens and acknowledge they are indeed super reps, but are difficult to acquire. The easiest way to find a good franken is to keep your eye on the Members Replica Watch Sales section and look for an RWI member selling a Rolex franken built by MyManMatt (MMM). There are many other franken builders out there, but I urge you to do your own research.

Let's focus on what's easily obtainable from TDs and live up to the quality of a super rep. I'll sort this guide by different models of Rolex.

This is a living document that I will continue to update periodically as I learn more and get feedback from the community.

==============================================
Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (DSSD)
==============================================

The Rolex DSSD comes in two versions: DSSD and DSSD D-Blue. The DSSD has a black dial and the DSSD D-Blue has a deep blue/black dial. The DSSD from Noob is of excellent quality. However the DSSD D-Blue isn't of super rep quality because the green font color is off and the blue gradient isn't gen-like. Always go with with a new Asian super clone; they are the best bet. See my warning about Swiss movements at the bottom.

There is an option to get a modified DSSD from a TD/modder on RWI called BK. He makes sure the center pearl is aligned, custom DWO, and other modifications. The price is around $650. However please note he does use a Swiss movement in all of his watches, which he checks for you to ensure it's working properly and is serviced correctly to provide 4 to 5 years before the next required service.

I recommend to go with the BK DSSD.

G0tkxN5h.jpg

===============================
Rolex Submariner (Sub)
===============================

The Rolex Submariner comes in many different versions: no date, date, green (hulk), and others.

BK mods these and sells them as well. However the best
option is to get a modified DSSD from TC. Please note that TC makes their own movements and are considered superior. See my warning about Swiss movements at the bottom; this doesn't apply to TC.

Here is one from an RWI member @cgnrep.

KHniwg6h.jpg

===================
Rolex Milgauss
===================

The Milgauss comes in a few different styles: GV, black dial, white dial. The coolest looking one is the GV, but unfortunately no one has figured out how to get the green crystal replicated correctly. There are a few mod guides out there to paint the edge of the crystal, but I wouldn't classify them as super reps. Just stick with either the black (non-GV) or white dials.

Noob currently makes the best rep for the Milgauss. Stick with a new Asian super clone movement.
See my warning about Swiss movements at the bottom.

Here is a Milgauss with white dial from RWI advisor @guru.

G5XrgzTh.jpg

==================================================
Rolex Yacht-Master (Super)

Thanks to @ddbomber20, @Raddave, and @QueTip have informed me that the new TC Elabore YM is of super rep quality. Please be sure to get the latest Elabore YM. However the older version is still considered a super rep, but is only available M2M.

i2TOq4Bh.png

About Swiss Movements
There is a lot of information about the different type of watch movements. One great contribution from @ALE7575 and others can be located at https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...nes-Asian-Clones-%96-What%92s-the-best-choice

The general consensus is that new asian super clones are just fine and a good safe bet; this is because they're new and we know how they're built and we have a large sample size of consistent results to measure the overall quality.

When it comes to Swiss, there are different definitions of Swiss. There are new/genuine Swiss ETAs, refurbished, movements with both Swiss and Asian movements, and the list goes on and on. Each factory/maker uses different movements from each other when it comes to Swiss, and even change during different generations of watches within the same maker/factory. Therefore it's very difficult to get an accurate measurement of quality of these Swiss movements; mainly because there is so much variation.

The general consensus is that a new/genuine Swiss ETA is better than an Asian super clone, but it's difficult to ensure you get what you pay for. Therefore the general consensus is to always err on the side of a new Asian super clone movement.

In my personal experience (as well as others) there are at least two TDs that can correctly source and honestly tell you which factories they believe produce replica watches with real new/genuine Swiss movements: BK and Lucy. I've previously reached out to PureTime and they confirmed their Swiss movements are old stock/refurbished. Please proceed with caution when it comes to Swiss ETAs.

???????? Pimlico's Personal Recommendation Summary ????????

Buy a Rolex. If you want something sporty, get the Submariner or DSSD. If you want a slightly modified Sub, go through BK or TC. If you like the DSSD, then BK is your man. I promise you that these suggestions will be an excellent good start for new RWI members. As you learn more, you can begin to experiment and try out frankens and other exotic builds.

My personal favorites are the DJ2, Sub, and DSSD. This guide is just a personal recommendation and overall guide for new members to quickly find out which Rolex models are considered some of the best, without having to go through the franken route.

I know there are many Rolex experts here and I welcome any feedback. Hopefully more knowledge members will chime in and let me know.

In summary, if you're a new member looking for the best Rolex super reps in the price range of $400 to $650, this thread is for you.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Brilliant work plim's....Lots of thought and work into that. I am sure the noob will appreciate that immensely.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Nice post Bro !

MSAMatt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/12/14
great thread! short, sweet, and to the point. perfect for those new to Rolex like myself.

pimlico

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
2/4/15
U mean for sub get a noob v5 with Swiss Gen for better date wheel ?

I mean exactly what I said! Get a Noob v5 with genuine/new Swiss movement. If you want a better date wheel, go with BK.

kaushama

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/15
VCBgReWh.jpg

This is beautiful! Where did you buy it? Link please!
Appreciate you wonderful work!

pimlico

INMATE
2/4/15
This is beautiful! Where did you buy it? Link please!
Appreciate you wonderful work!

Any TD on RWI can order it for you. Ask for the BP Maker DJ2 with new Swiss ETA, blue dial with sticks. Don't get the Noob DJ2.

D

d4m.test

Nicely done and You kept it simple, which is difficult. Good to have 1 nice illustration pic per model. Congrats on the work.

Some edit suggestions for Version 1 of the guide:

The Submariner section is dedicated to the modern ceramic 116610ln Submariner only.
TC never made a DSSD.
TC produces the best classic Submariner in the TC V6 version, the 16610 Submariner with the aluminium bezel insert and green lume dots. TC also produces the best Yachtmaster. Overall, except going genuine, the TC KH-dial is the best one available for reps across the board. What is also unique to TCs is a higher quality Asian ETA-clone movement. A comparison pic could be added.

Movement recommendation: imho this should be reviewed. It´s a common agreement within rwi that the genuine/new Swiss ETA movement 2836 is not what You get when buying the advertised $500 versions of it. They are either old stock or are refurbished versions, as the Swiss industry stopped making them available. The common sense recommendation is to go with the cheaper new Asian ETA-clone version and to avoid the old "Swiss" versions.
The only reliable source for the "genuine/new Swiss ETA" movement are the modded BK versions. In all other cases it is better to buy the (cheaper) Asian Clone ETA and use it as is or to buy a new movement from local suppliers like O. Frei in Conus or Cousins.UK in the EU and have it replaced as all parts are compatible.

pimlico

INMATE
2/4/15
Nicely done and You kept it simple, which is difficult. Good to have 1 nice illustration pic per model. Congrats on the work.

Thank you!

The Submariner section is dedicated to the modern ceramic 116610ln Submariner only.

The "hulk" isn't part of this? If not, where should it go?

TC never made a DSSD.

Already fixed.

TC produces the best classic Submariner in the TC V6 version, the 16610 Submariner with the aluminium bezel insert and green lume dots. TC also produces the best Yachtmaster. Overall, except going genuine, the TC KH-dial is the best one available for reps across the board. What is also unique to TCs is a higher quality Asian ETA-clone movement. A comparison pic could be added.

Let me think about how to summarize this into a guide.

Movement recommendation: imho this should be reviewed. It´s a common agreement within rwi that the genuine/new Swiss ETA movement 2836 is not what You get when buying the advertised $500 versions of it. They are either old stock or are refurbished versions, as the Swiss industry stopped making them available. The common sense recommendation is to go with the cheaper new Asian ETA-clone version and to avoid the old "Swiss" versions.
The only reliable source for the "genuine/new Swiss ETA" movement are the modded BK versions. In all other cases it is better to buy the (cheaper) Asian Clone ETA and use it as is or to buy a new movement from local suppliers like O. Frei in Conus or Cousins.UK in the EU and have it replaced as all parts are compatible.

I disagree. Any TD can source you a DJ2, Sub, or anything else with a genuine Swiss ETA that isn't old stock or refurbished. I've personally use Lucy and BK and have never had an issue with this.

D

d4m.test

Hi again, imho in the submariner section the main distinction only needs to be between the classic 16610 with aluminium bezel and the modern ceramic 116610 sub, respectively TC, BK and Noob V5. For the others Hulk, no-date, Seadweller 4000 etc. the mention is enough for now (more or less as You already did it):)

redPandaWrangler

Renowned Member
6/7/15
Awesome post [MENTION=99863]pimlico[/MENTION]! I was actually working on a post for "who has the best sub?" I guess I can stop now...

I found your BP DJ recommendation interesting, as I had never actually seen a BP advertised, only the noobs. I do love the look though.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
3 months reading "zipped" in a post!!! Thank you very much for this piece of useful information

Sent from my S6 Edge+

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
U mean for sub get a noob v5 with Swiss Gen for better date wheel ?

No not at all bk DWO looks worse than stock noob DWO. Way to thick.also v5 is not the best gen looking sub imo yes the bezel teeth on the v5 is the best rep bezel teeth so far but that's it

Exire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/14
Very usefull! Thank you, this would have saved me lots of reading

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

C124

Renowned Member
25/11/14
Good work Pimlico!

I tend to avoid Rolex reps these days, but I have owned a DJII. My only problem with it was the cheap feeling bracelet , that aside it was a very nice watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk