• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm Planet Ocean Question about generations vs. dealers

simzger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/08
Hey guys,

thinking about buying a PO.

Many people told me the 42mm 4th generation is not available anymore.

Many people are buying the ~$100-$120 version. I have a couple of questions:

1) What are the shortcomings of the cheap version? Do they have the wrong case (HE Valve)? Or is the only problem the lack of AR? (Even though some say that you can get it with AR...)

2) What generation is this watch here:

http://sinowatches88.com/show_products. ... ductid=689

3) In general: where can I get the best 42mm PO rep with orange bezel and numbers at the moment?

Best

Simon

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Hi simzger,

You might want to check out the watch from watcheden, I saw that they have a 42mm PO in orange bezel and with AR. It's using Asia 21J movt but no idea whether it is a 4th gen PO though.

http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seam...iss-eta-version-high-quality-i-14551-p-1.html

I bought the cheaper 42mm PO in black bezel without AR and was very happy with it. HE valve looks to be in the correct position but it's looks longer than other versions. It doesn't bother me though as this watch is really nice either in ss bracelet or in rubber strap. I've posted picts of the PO here.. http://forum.replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49824

regards,
madcatlancelot

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The one that watcheden has is the version 3 or 3rd generation. It has good caseback (engraved planet Ocean) and good bracelet too. However, He valve is wrong. This is how a fourth generation PO should look like sans genuine dial, hands and crown:

b2c55ab9.jpg

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Well right away that watcheden watch has the incorrect bezel, that is real easy to spot. Hard to tell on the He valve position but it could be in the wrong place, as this photo was taken at an angle. No 42.5mm has the correct crown, you'd have to get a genuine one. The dial looks correct to me for a rep, but it is hard to tell if the date window has the window frame look that the genuine and 4th generation have.

Where's the url to the 3rd generation you claim that watcheden sells? This one isn't the 3rd generation as far as I know but I could be wrong. I thought they had the correct bezel by version 3 but I never owned one so I don't know.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Both of those have a bad bezel, but maybe you can replace it with a genuine one.

stilllooking

12/4/09
where from, and how much (roughly) would a new bezel be??

would there be any where in UK?

Thnaks

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
stilllooking said:
where from, and how much (roughly) would a new bezel be??

would there be any where in UK?

Thnaks

Well I'm not sure if any dealer's 42.5mm watch takes genuine parts, but here is a post on RWI about part numbers. I know two of the watches I own do take genuine parts. I don't know who you would buy from in the UK because I'm in the US. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33852

Ofrei is showing $224.

stilllooking

12/4/09
Thank you
again, , please excuse my ignorance, , in what way is the bezel on the watch eden OP incorrect??

In your opinion woould this be a good buy (my first one)

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
stilllooking said:
Thank you
again, , please excuse my ignorance, , in what way is the bezel on the watch eden OP incorrect??

In your opinion woould this be a good buy (my first one)

Look at the side of the bezel and compare it to a photo of a gen and you'll see the difference. I can admit though that I do wear one with the incorrect bezel to work all the time since I don't worry about it getting scuffed up. That's why I leave the 4th generation PO at home.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
oh n/m this post I thought that one said it had swiss ETA for $128 :lol:

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
There are actually 42mm gen ETA PO's being sold right now which look seems like 4th gen to me, nevertheless they look very good. I don't know if they are old stock or the original factory has begun to produce them again due to the obvious huge demand for them. Check out the review on RG where a member bought one from a dealer called Sead. He says they're only available in orange numbers at the moment. I checked King's site out and she is also selling them:

1235541343184097782.jpg

1235541628081151650.jpg

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Putting aside the '1:1 Ultimate' bullshit for a moment. If it is all about accuracy why would you want your rep to run faster than the gen it is a copy of?