• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF Nautilus RG

Rep_Fan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
451e8012d0c1a0d9755b3a9dc9efbc45.png

ba60ec7669aad6b9023fc554dfa6f08b.jpg

Wow...Just BEAUTIFUL...Is it a Gen or a Rep? And if it is a Rep...Source & price info please.

Thanks

Reactions: corleone911

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
they're not 100% plated , but the way the nautilus bracelet is made the non-plated parts don't show. maybe they would with a lot of wear if the links got saggy and loose but since they're solid links I don't think they'd get that saggy (as opposed to the old hollow rolex bracelets which got a lot of stretch after years)

That’s a shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rep_Fan

10/5/18
It is a PF bro

I am really feeling that PF of yours Corleone and want to pull the trigger on getting one, but I have a few questions:

What are our thoughts on it...Is it noisy and could you please share a few more pics of it?

Thanks Bro.

corleone911

6/11/17
I am really feeling that PF of yours Corleone and want to pull the trigger on getting one, but I have a few questions:

What are our thoughts on it...Is it noisy and could you please share a few more pics of it?

Thanks Bro.

Depends what you want bro. Of course the dial is not correct .I think the colour is to bright and makers are not in a line, but it is hard to say , because I did a lot of research for right dial colour in the internet and many stores for a gen. It seems to be that also the gen models have not the same dial colour over all. Some are more dark and some are more bright. This is at least what I found out and people told me.

For me the dial colour is okay and not so important, because I think the bright dial matches very good to the rosè gold. Important for me is the thickness and this is good. I measured mine and it was under 9mm.

When I got the watch in my hand, the bracelet felt very cheap, but other members told me this shell be also on other reps for the 5711. So after I put the bracelet in WD 40 and baby oil it felt quit okay, but a generell problem of the golden reps are the weight. The Gens weight about 182g and the PF about 129g. I still don’t understand why the rep industry doesn’t use heavier material like tungsten, even it would cost more I think many people and rep lovers would pay, like me.

The rotor was in the beginning also loud, but after I put some watch oil one, it was quit.

The decision of buying it is up to you bro, but what I think that the rep industry isn’t on the same level with patek reps than for example with the Rolex reps. In my opinion this should be the “best” 5711 in RG for the moment, but maybe other members thinks different because of the dial.

So taste is different......

Rep_Fan

10/5/18
Thank you for such a detailed response Corleone...It is greatly appreciated.

I suppose the different dial shades on the Gen 5711 / 1R has something to do with more recent manufacturing batches, so I imagine the color changes I see in your watch are because of the different angles...I am a fan of 5711 Nautilus watches and personally prefer the 1R with older dark-brown dial, but like the looks of yours a lot...That's why I was hoping to see additional pics to learn a bit more.

In any regard, you have shared a lot of good viewpoints and have been very helpful, so Thanks again.

Depends what you want bro. Of course the dial is not correct .I think the colour is to bright and makers are not in a line, but it is hard to say , because I did a lot of research for right dial colour in the internet and many stores for a gen. It seems to be that also the gen models have not the same dial colour over all. Some are more dark and some are more bright. This is at least what I found out and people told me.

For me the dial colour is okay and not so important, because I think the bright dial matches very good to the rosè gold. Important for me is the thickness and this is good. I measured mine and it was under 9mm.

When I got the watch in my hand, the bracelet felt very cheap, but other members told me this shell be also on other reps for the 5711. So after I put the bracelet in WD 40 and baby oil it felt quit okay, but a generell problem of the golden reps are the weight. The Gens weight about 182g and the PF about 129g. I still don’t understand why the rep industry doesn’t use heavier material like tungsten, even it would cost more I think many people and rep lovers would pay, like me.

The rotor was in the beginning also loud, but after I put some watch oil one, it was quit.

The decision of buying it is up to you bro, but what I think that the rep industry isn’t on the same level with patek reps than for example with the Rolex reps. In my opinion this should be the “best” 5711 in RG for the moment, but maybe other members thinks different because of the dial.

So taste is different......

mirv

Supporter
Certified
31/3/16

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Does anyone know something about this BP?

http://www.toro.host/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2396

I know thickness is a disaster again, but quality of the bracelet should be better. And the 18k is 25 to 30 Microns Thick Gold Wrapped, scratch from the buckle shouldn’t show so easily the steel.

I have it. Some complain about the dial color looking more darkish maroon than true brown. Its fine for me and yes, I like the wrapped so scratches at the edges dont cause me to throw it in a drawer for ever for looking shitty. There are pics earlier in the thread (or one of them)

It is also thick, but does not show up that badly on my wrist. I have the two stainless PF and yeah they are certainly thinner. Most people are looking at it head on as opposed to the side.

Im happy I bought it and thought I got the $1300 worth.

corleone911

6/11/17
I have it. Some complain about the dial color looking more darkish maroon than true brown. Its fine for me and yes, I like the wrapped so scratches at the edges dont cause me to throw it in a drawer for ever for looking shitty. There are pics earlier in the thread (or one of them)

It is also thick, but does not show up that badly on my wrist. I have the two stainless PF and yeah they are certainly thinner. Most people are looking at it head on as opposed to the side.

Thanks for sharing your experience mate

Reactions: J.Gotti

J.Gotti

16/9/18

Intressting mate. Could you show us some more pictures?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Any chance of more pictures please.
It would help the community immensely.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Ok, at work, but I will snap some when I get back. The pics on toro are accurate. Not sure what mine are going to do beyond it, but I will snap some more