• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Perfume addict.

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
3 big hobby's for me,

number 1 : watches
number 2 : cars
number 3 : PERFUME/COLOGNES

Today I want to talk with you guys about perfume.
For me its next to a good outfit and a nice watch one of my head essentials daily.

there is something about a good smelling perfume, you feel much more confident.

building a collection for quite a time now atm and is growing pretty hard.

for the co-members who are also perfume addicts ill write my perfume list down under here.

I would also like to know which colognes you wearing.

1. Initio oud for greatness, lovely scent, warm spicy perfect for the evening and winters
2. Frederic Malle Promise, one of the best perfumes I ever had , this scent is so strong that if you spray it on a jacket weeks after you still smell it. not for everyone notes: Turkish rose / leather / Cypriol oil
3. Louis Vuitton Orage, lovely summer fragrance it has a bit of oud with citrus going trough, one of my favorites for the summer.
4. Prada Luna Rossa, perfect daily fresh scent for the office.
5. Le Labo Santal33, this piece I already had 4/5 bottles of it I think. for me its perfect, the leather notes mixed with sandalwood is perfect.
6. Astrophille & Stella Nabati, also one brick of a scent it reminds me of promise but then completely focused on the leather side.
7. By Killian Angels Share, absolute lovely scent, if angels smelling like this then is heaven the most perfect place for your nose.
8. By Killian Black Phantom, boozy, masculine, powerful with a blend of coffee and chocolate. perfect for winter dates in a special restaurant.
9. Amouage Interlude Black Iris, NO WORDS YOU SMELL LIKE A MULTI BILLIONAIRE F*CKING SHEIK ARAB
10. Chanel blue, great summer scent not to expensive works fine for office hours.
11. Tom Ford Oud Wood, THE nicest oud fragrance no doubt.
12. Penhaligons Halfeti Cedar, strong masculine fragrance but with a soft touch very British.
13. Tom Ford Ombre leather, for a reasonable price one of the best leather fragrances possible to get,
14. Mancera Aoud Lemon Mint, when you mix a very strong oud/leather winter fragrance with a fresh lemon summer scent you get this. one of my new favorites.
15 .acqua di parma fico di Amalfi, fresh summer scent perfect for summer lunch or boat days.

I have so much more, I hope to get some inspiration from your colognes collections.
what I like are the warm, spicy leather fragrances so if you have tips for me let me know.

here a couple pictures with a small part of my collection.

3SzcWP.jpeg

3SzJxJ.jpeg

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I love the design of your bottles very much! Have you put Rolex's own perfume on your list of things to try? (I noticed some for sale on ebay - haha) I enjoyed seeing that the lid of the Rolex perfume is shaped like a big ole winding crown.

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
I love the design of your bottles very much! Have you put Rolex's own perfume on your list of things to try? (I noticed some for sale on ebay - haha) I enjoyed seeing that the lid of the Rolex perfume is shaped like a big ole winding crown.
I never knew there was a Rolex perfume available, checking Ebay in 1,2,3.🚀

thefallacy

False Dichotomy
Patron
Certified
16/6/15
I am into fragrances too! Built a decent collection over the years.. Agree very much with your list. I dont recognise the smaller labels because I usually buy when I travel :LOL:

Heres my top 5

1. Tom Ford Oud Wood
2. Chanel Homme (The OG Homme)
3. Gucci Made to Measure
4. Creed Aventus (Pre 2018)
5. Mont Blanc Individuel

Also recently stumbled upon some "replica" fragrances, bought a Oud Wood and Aventus replica.. I would say the Oud Wood copy is 90% there and the Aventus replica is 95% there! Feel free to PM me if u want a link - Although im not sure if its available in your country

Reactions: Temple

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
I am into fragrances too! Built a decent collection over the years.. Agree very much with your list. I dont recognise the smaller labels because I usually buy when I travel :LOL:

Heres my top 5

1. Tom Ford Oud Wood
2. Chanel Homme (The OG Homme)
3. Gucci Made to Measure
4. Creed Aventus (Pre 2018)
5. Mont Blanc Individuel

Also recently stumbled upon some "replica" fragrances, bought a Oud Wood and Aventus replica.. I would say the Oud Wood copy is 90% there and the Aventus replica is 95% there! Feel free to PM me if u want a link - Although im not sure if its available in your country
nice list, forgot creed aventus in my list i have it in my car for a quick spray.

yes Im also buying the niche small brands most of the time they have the best perfume.

about rep fragrances I tried it 1 time and I got awful red irritation spots all around my neck... so for me never a replica perfume anymore.

thanks for the list

Reactions: mbe1997

Art Vandelay

Supporter
Certified
21/3/23
Pre ceramic era
Aside from the fragrance, I was really taken by the bottle of Angel's Share.

Set in a crystal glass and coloured similar to whisky it's a nod to the small amount of whisky that evaporates during the maturing process (hence the term 'Angel's share' ie said to have been drank by one).

Last edited:
Reactions: Procurator

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
Aside from the fragrance, I was really taken by the bottle of Angel's Share.

Set in a crystal glass and coloured similar to whisky it's a nod to the small amount of whisky that evaporates during the maturing process (hence the term 'Angel's share' ie said to have been drank by one).

one of the most beautiful fragrance bottles looks indeed like a crystal glass of whiskey

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
A few of my favs at the moment :

Acqua Di Parma Oud
Sauvage Elixer
Creed Aventus
Amyris Homme
Molecule 01

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
anyone that has a nice summer fragrance from one of the more niche brands (creed, LeLabo, Penhaligons)
im in a buying mood for fragrances need a strong but fresh summer scent.

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
anyone that has a nice summer fragrance from one of the more niche brands (creed, LeLabo, Penhaligons)
im in a buying mood for fragrances need a strong but fresh summer scent.
Creed Erolfa is perfect for the summer. Fresh, crisp and full of citrus!

Reactions: MagicJ

SRower003

18/11/09
Being that we are all on a rep site, what do you think of rep fragrances?

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
im not a fan honestly... tried it one time and my whole neck was red and stressed.. also the sillage and the during performance of replica fragrances is not so good...

icy100

Horology Curious
18/1/23
United Kingdom
I tried a rep fragrance and it had an insane aerosolizer and was way too strong. My room smelled like this rancid super sweet scent for the next few days. Can usually get gen fragrances for like half the price on ebay if its popular enough. People get gifted them as gifts and sell them for dirt cheap.

I'm personally more of a white floral perfume kinda guy. Recently been layering Le Labo's Lys 41 and Neroli 46. Highly reccomend Lys 41 if you know anyone that likes floral scents and are looking to buy a gift for them!

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
I tried a rep fragrance and it had an insane aerosolizer and was way too strong. My room smelled like this rancid super sweet scent for the next few days. Can usually get gen fragrances for like half the price on ebay if its popular enough. People get gifted them as gifts and sell them for dirt cheap.

I'm personally more of a white floral perfume kinda guy. Recently been layering Le Labo's Lys 41 and Neroli 46. Highly reccomend Lys 41 if you know anyone that likes floral scents and are looking to buy a gift for them!
One of my favourite niche houses is le labo they have amazing scents, for me Tonka 25, santal 33, oud 27, yalng 45 & the noir 29 are my favourites from the house.
Amazing perfume house.
Also the home candles from le labo are awesome.

icy100

Horology Curious
18/1/23
United Kingdom
One of my favourite niche houses is le labo they have amazing scents, for me Tonka 25, santal 33, oud 27, yalng 45 & the noir 29 are my favourites from the house.
Amazing perfume house.
Also the home candles from le labo are awesome.
Happy to see another Le Labo fan in here. Ylang is another one I love!

The only thing is the price haha. They are very expensive compared to other perfume houses. Would love to buy more from them but I can't justify spending £63 on a candle! Not until I get my raise that is ;)

I've also started getting into maison margelia scents, similar-ish sort of style. Would reccomend them if you like Le Labo. I got their discovery set (10 different 2ml samplers) for around £36 which is very reasonable.

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL

The only thing is the price haha. They are very expensive compared to other perfume houses. Would love to buy more from them but I can't justify spending £63 on a candle! Not until I get my raise that is ;)

I've also started getting into maison margelia scents, similar-ish sort of style. Would reccomend them if you like Le Labo. I got their discovery set (10 different 2ml samplers) for around £36 which is very reasonable..
HAHA yes the prices going every year 10% up. I bought Santal 33 6 years ago for €175 for a 100ml bottle.. now they are priced here in the Netherlands for €270 100ml bottle.
designer fragrances im personally not a fan of, here in NL people going to the Douglas and ici Paris (scent houses designer) for designer fragrances, so if you go to a restaurant or a club 9 of 10 men smell the same because they buy the same perfume... I like to be different so I only purchase from the niche houses. it costs a little more but but you smell different and 10 times as good as most (regular) men (im sorry if I insult some people with this) .

maison margiela is not a designer fragrance its between designer and niche houses, the ingredients are almost the same of a niche house.

most designer fragrances are 80 til 90 % alcohol that means almost no oils and ingredients, the niche houses only uses 20 till 30% alcohol so a big part of the perfume is oil and ingredients

have a look in a perfume retailer with only designer fragrances, all of the perfume are white or transparent that means 90% alcohol and almost no oils.. niche scents are most of the time (also because of the ingredients) cognac/ whiskey color.

Reactions: mbe1997 and icy100

icy100

Horology Curious
18/1/23
United Kingdom
HAHA yes the prices going every year 10% up. I bought Santal 33 6 years ago for €175 for a 100ml bottle.. now they are priced here in the Netherlands for €270 100ml bottle.
designer fragrances im personally not a fan of, here in NL people going to the Douglas and ici Paris (scent houses designer) for designer fragrances, so if you go to a restaurant or a club 9 of 10 men smell the same because they buy the same perfume... I like to be different so I only purchase from the niche houses. it costs a little more but but you smell different and 10 times as good as most (regular) men (im sorry if I insult some people with this) .

maison margiela is not a designer fragrance its between designer and niche houses, the ingredients are almost the same of a niche house.

most designer fragrances are 80 til 90 % alcohol that means almost no oils and ingredients, the niche houses only uses 20 till 30% alcohol so a big part of the perfume is oil and ingredients

have a look in a perfume retailer with only designer fragrances, all of the perfume are white or transparent that means 90% alcohol and almost no oils.. niche scents are most of the time (also because of the ingredients) cognac/ whiskey color.
That's very interesting. I had no idea about the alchohol / oil ratio in designer/niche fragrances. Would make sense too because the Lys and Neroli scents i have from Le Labo both have quite strong colours. Need to find a proper designer fragrance to see the difference!

I'm the same about not wanting to smell like everybody else, especially when there's so many amazing fragrances out there from niche houses that smell absolutely amazing! And yeah like I said, keep an eye on ebay. I setup 'watched searches' so I get an alert everytime lists a new fragrance im searching for. I paid 50% off for my brand new 100ml Lys 41 thanks to ebay! Don't think I'd be buying it otherwise...

Reactions: mbe1997 and MagicJ

MagicJ

Supporter
Certified
25/11/20
NL
That's very interesting. I had no idea about the alchohol / oil ratio in designer/niche fragrances. Would make sense too because the Lys and Neroli scents i have from Le Labo both have quite strong colours. Need to find a proper designer fragrance to see the difference!

I'm the same about not wanting to smell like everybody else, especially when there's so many amazing fragrances out there from niche houses that smell absolutely amazing! And yeah like I said, keep an eye on ebay. I setup 'watched searches' so I get an alert everytime lists a new fragrance im searching for. I paid 50% off for my brand new 100ml Lys 41 thanks to ebay! Don't think I'd be buying it otherwise...
The only designer fragrance that I had with a strong brown/darker color is Armani Stronger With You and for that fragrance I'll make an exception, that's one of the best designer fragrances in the business.
it has such a deep caramel/vanilla/booz strength that's something on niche level. its a affordable scent around 60/70 eu here in the Netherlands. one of the best to get from a regular perfume house.

i have soms vowel special perfume its called Henry Jacques, I have the oud imperial I bought it in Dubai for 11.750 dirham its arounds €2500 for 60ml you don't even get a sprayer on top its a little flacon tap twice in the neck and for 1 week you smell the same, shower 10 times then still you smell the same. 😅

Reactions: aksingh and mbe1997