• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Summary of the best TUTORIALS - A work in progress

D

d4m.test

Holy crap what a great thread. Thanks Kilo, this belongs with the stickies.

BTW, I tried to give you rep points but the system won't allow it. Apparently I cant give rep points to the same member twice in a row LOL

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks for the award ALE, I'm very pleased and honored. :)
I want to stress though that in the end all the merit goes to those members who took their time to write the tutorials and share their knowledge, my role has only been to gather them (and try to practice some of them).
Btw, as soon as I can pull the camera out I will post my first almost succesful CP mod. Just a little thing, but all done thanks to these tutorials :)

And thank you Grim, I think I reached my rep quota this month already :lol:
You know I'm waiting for your 201a build, which I will follow closely since I've got a dial from rolli coming as well :)

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
now this is an awsome collection of useful tipps and tricks!
thank you, kilo!

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Ok guys, I tried to put in practice some of these tutorials and I would like to share the result with you guys.

Before I go on with the pics, please take these things into consideration:

1. I never opened a watch before.
2. I am not a hobbyist, so I'm not familiar with filing, sanding, polishing and all of this stuff.
3. This is my second try, the first one came out slightly worse.

I still see something to refine, which will come with time, but I'm already happy with the result and I can say if I could do it then everybody can :)

Excuse the quality of pics and the dust, I had no time to pull out the light box.

MOD n.1

Canon pin mod. I followed Francisco's tutorial, but I found redundant to change the pin with a ETA H3 pin. I just flattened and polished it.
Dealing with movement, dial and hands was not so easy at the beginning, and sadly my 504 has been sacrificed for my learning :(

BEFORE

NOW

MOD n.2

CG pin mod. The CG pin has been sanded and brushed in order to stay ever so slightly recessed on the CG.

This is admittedly pretty easy, and the difference is the slightest, but you know how it is with those details...
For the moment both CG and pin share the same brushing. Next step will be refining the pin a bit in order to rub away the brushing without polishing it.

BEFORE

NOW

Guys, let me know what you think, any advice about how to achieve a perfect finsh is more than welcome :)

:cheers:

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
It is time to get sticky this thread
Thanks Kilo for your contribution

ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Added a few interesting videos I found browsing youtube:

Manual movement service procedure - video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnh7O22mduE
A beautiful 42 min. video showing how to properly dismantle, clean, oil and reassemble a 6497. Must see.

Watch hand restoration - video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXV6JfZ7lnA
Damaged hands? Here's the fix!

Introduction to buffing and polishing - video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMuWrI-sCj8
A great video tutorial about buffing and polishing a watch case, very informative!

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Added the following tutorials, also added a new section for ETA 2824/2836 movements.

Swap your crystal without removing the movement! TUTORIAL (PIC HEAVY) - by cu7ix
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/222399-Swap-your-crystal-without-removing-the-movement!-TUTORIAL-(PIC-HEAVY)
An interesting tutorial, it's for the Rolex guys but I think it might be adapted to Panerai crystals as well

Dismantle 2824-2 movement step by step - by Milkbread
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/209733-Dismantle-2824-2-movement-step-by-step
Very well done tutorial about ETA 2824 disassembling. Must read.

Thanks a lot cu7ix and Milkbread for your helpful tutorials! :)

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
@kilowattore [MENTION=35350]ALE7575[/MENTION] Thank you Pam gurus. My pleasure to contribute back to the forum. After all, the knowledge i have is a result from you guys here. :)

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
aaand subscribed!
Thank you Kilo for putting this up, and thanks to all members that contributed to this!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Kilo, is it me or the link is no working ??. ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Kilo, is it me or the link is no working ??. ALE

I just checked it and it's not working for me either...
I will fix it asap and re-check all links in the thread now that I think about it. Last weekend I had to edit all the links in my sig because they were all changed...
I do hope the links in PAM guide are edited automatically every time the admins make changes on the forum software... fixing all of them would be a nightmare! :lol:

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Ok, latest link is fixed, but almost all the links in first post have the old format :(

Let me try with [MENTION=57107]DR3M3L[/MENTION]
Can you help with this? Maybe you have a way to edit all links in first post to the new format? :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I usually change all links by myself. After the last changes that will be a real nightmare !!. Besides I have problem with the edition and the text format. ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I usually change all links by myself. After the last changes that will be a real nightmare !!. Besides I have problem with the edition and the text format. ALE

Bummer mate, let me know if there's something I can do to help. If you really have to change all the links in PAM guide by yourself it's going to be A LOT of work.