• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Parmigiani Tonda PF

shalke

Supporter
Certified
16/8/23
Near London
Anyone even trying to rep these? Some have simple complications, but nice dials. I know Parmigiani is not the most popular brand.

Last edited:

unregistered

13/1/08
I have the gen Tonda PF and it'll be interesting to see if they rep this. The movement finishing really is another level as is the guilloche on the dial. For the microrotor version, the 7.8mm thickness is what makes the watch so amazing on the wrist. Turned down the GMT rattrapante cause it was 2mm thicker and threw off the proportions.

• Wow
Reactions: Horace_Derwent

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Parmigiani is to niche for a decent rep sadly.

The finishing and details are in the same league as AP or even Patek, but the demand is just not there. THe movements are all just to complicated to be repped. And deco plates will just destroy the proportions

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Parmigiani is to niche for a decent rep sadly.

The finishing and details are in the same league as AP or even Patek, but the demand is just not there. THe movements are all just to complicated to be repped. And deco plates will just destroy the proportions
For sure, Parmiagiani Fleurier is (amnd i think will be in the future) one of the (many) brands that will not receive a clone movement,

That is reserved to AP, Rolex and PP...but i must say that certain 9015 movements with Deco Plates (JLC Moon for example) are really, really nice.

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
For sure, Parmiagiani Fleurier is (amnd i think will be in the future) one of the (many) brands that will not receive a clone movement,

That is reserved to AP, Rolex and PP...but i must say that certain 9015 movements with Deco Plates (JLC Moon for example) are really, really nice.
The 9015 in JLC moon is for sure the better choice especially in terms of reliability. The look is close enough.

The PF703 with micro rotor looks nothing like a Myota.

Even if we disregard the movement: The dial is on the same level as the Royal Oak... It took the factories years to get it right.
Event the Vacheron 47040 took a few attempts.

Reactions: Meicmo84