• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai rep from Amazon?? Yup! Check it out...

JStar

Looking Around
29/8/18
New York City
I've been on the fence as to whether or not I like Panerai watches (for me). I definitely think they're cool, but I also think they're a little big for my taste and for my wrist.

So I stumbled upon a rep on Amazon of all places. I figured, what the hell - I'll try it out and see how it looks.
The company listed as the seller is: "My_TimeZone".

Again, I had no idea what to expect. I figured if it was crap, oh well I'd give it away.

3 weeks later, this thing shows up in the mail. The best I can tell, the model is close to a Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days (PAM00422) except it's got an automatic movement instead of hand-wind. (Feel free to correct me).

Anyway, I gotta say - it's a damn good looking rep! You can tell there's a lot of craftsmanship that went in to making this thing look like the real deal.
From what I understand, Pam's use modified Chines parts/movement anyway. I sniffed around for a couple reviews online - and for the most part, no one can tell one way or another if these things are real or not.

I've uploaded a photo so you guys can decide for yourself. Don't judge the strap tho - I threw my own strap on there since I didn't care for the color of the "official" strap that came with it.

So anyway, I just wanted to share this info incase anyone's looking to try out this option. I know buying from the various dealers on here sometimes come with hang-ups like having to wire $$, or pay with Bitcoin, etc, etc... (that stuff seems like a hassle). So, take a look at the photo and decide for yourself.

Enjoy!
*j

Reactions: Rudyrwi

Grimlocktime

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/5/13
Thanks for sharing. Spend a little more time here and study some pictures, reviews and conversations and you will quickly realize just how good replicas have become. After doing so, you will likely leave your recent Amazon purchase behind and graduate do some amazing offerings from noob or VSF. Enjoy.

Rudyrwi

Looking Around
22/10/13
Hey dude, I can't seem to find this Panerai on Amazon. Do you have the item number?

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
This was posted last year and it's either sold or pulled by Amazon

Wolex

7/2/20
This is unreal ! Thanks for letting us know.. old thread i know but I still find it amusing.. lol