• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai Date Appeture

evan

31/3/06
Which Pan rep has the best date font/appeture? This is what is really holding me back from getting a Pan with a date. Please help :?

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
That is one of many problems with panerai reps....looking forward for comments from expert..:)

canuck88

25/3/06
None. Only those with an updated datewheel look proper... of course, you could go with a mechanical non-date like the 111...

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Yes, I decided a while back that I didn't like the PAM date window look - whether gen or not. So I'm not collecting any. But it takes all tastes to make a market - not suggesting I'm superior in not liking the date window.

I hear that the window / datewheel / font is a big rep issue.... so if a rep's dealt with this, would be good to know!

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
enzo said:
I think it's a design anomoly to begin with. So, I can't answer - a date window on a PANERAI is wrong, even on a GEN, so a replica of one, yuck.

I've seen threads debate this and it appears to be satisfied, you will need to replace the mag and datewheel on most. A lot of bother for something that doesn't belong in the first place ... how about an 8 Days Radiomir, nice auto Panerai rep no bloody date window?

That 8 Days Radiomir should be alright I think ..LOL ...welll ..yeah..I usually like my watches to have a date on it ..but all my panerai so far no date indicator ..Coz..they look ugly with the reps or maybe the gen for some ...but yeahh..no date on my PAMs :)

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
chrono and date what can you say ?? go for modification my fren..and show us the result lol :)

evan

31/3/06
Hey Enzo,
Are you referring to the new daylights? How are the dates on those, I have yet to see one (non-swiss)?