• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai Clone Crown repair

Tiger843

Looking Around
28/3/24
Recently the crown started to wiggle and I had it taken into a local jeweler, they sent me these photos and said the crown needs to be replaced, problem is I don’t know what crown to find and buy to give them. Anyone had this issue and would a real Panerai crown work?

tomriddle

25/6/07
I'll be brutally honest with you since i am facing the same situation (not a broken crown but rather a Panerai that needs fixing)

......did you happen to get a quote just for the service repair???

factor in parts.. and I ask.. is it worth it to fix it?

or just get a new fake watch.. at the end of the day. we have fake watches.. and at what point do we "fix" it when the repair costs more than a new one

Tiger843

Looking Around
28/3/24
I'll be brutally honest with you since i am facing the same situation (not a broken crown but rather a Panerai that needs fixing)

......did you happen to get a quote just for the service repair???

factor in parts.. and I ask.. is it worth it to fix it?

or just get a new fake watch.. at the end of the day. we have fake watches.. and at what point do we "fix" it when the repair costs more than a new one
No, the jeweler I took it to does not know what crown they should get to replace it, my replica was a bit expensive, I guess there is a level of quality to them and this one is supposed on the high end with omega parts, so I’m not sure if a Panerai crown would work but the rest of the watch looks good.

tomriddle

25/6/07
No, the jeweler I took it to does not know what crown they should get to replace it, my replica was a bit expensive, I guess there is a level of quality to them and this one is supposed on the high end with omega parts, so I’m not sure if a Panerai crown would work but the rest of the watch looks good.
if you don't know
..and they don't know

you may be sol and it's time to send the rep to the graveyard. it's not like you can take it to Panera and have them fix it..

if you REALLY want to walk this road and I do not recommend it due to price/hassle/etc you;'re facing

I would post on the Panerai forums.. but post the entire watch and give as much info as you can.. Model. Who made it. take pics of both front AND back.

let the experts dissect it and hopefully point you to the right direction of where to source said part or even have someone fix it..

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
You might be able to get parts from a Trusted Dealer.