• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai 42mm models (similar or alternatives to PAM 392)

Karaman

Looking Around
22/11/22
Hello Paneristi,

I've been looking into getting a Panerai replica for a while now. I like the simple design of the PAM 312, I wouldn't add anything extra to it. In my view, it's almost perfect. The only problem for me, personally, is the 44mm case size. Adding the thickness and bulky shape, it would be a bit much for my wrists size (I have a small wrist).

So I started looking at alternatives, and I found the PAM 392, which is a downsized 42mm version of the PAM 312, with the same movement, same type of case, etc. (the difference in design compared to the PAM 312 is the lack of the 9 numeral, which in my personal opinion, is even better, as the 3 is also missing on the other side, due to the date).

You would think that a 2 mm size difference between the two cases doesn't make a big difference, but it does. I found some photos online with a 42 and 44 side by side, and the difference is quite visible (no copyright on the photos, so I will attach them here). So I started looking for a 392 replica. From the information I found on the forum, a 392 clone with the correct movement was never made. The information is quite old, so not sure if anything else came up in the last years. Also, there's only one TD which has the 392, and as mentioned before, it has the incorrect movement.

At this point, I have no hope of finding a good PAM 392 clone, so I would take into consideration other models, as close to it as possible.

So I would kindly ask the more knowledgeable members to express their opinions on what the best available 42mm clones, closest in design to the PAM 392, would be at this point in time (I will exclude the 1392 from the start, as it doesn't have the see through caseback)

Thank you.