• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM505 gen with less than a year of use

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Toro,
You really should post this in the general discussion area. I think the rest of the guys would love to see this.

Yes, that is a very good idea indeed. Over at RWG some were saying pretty confidently as a fact that is a rep. I cannot do much but laugh, (actually they are right it looks like a cheap rep) but the owner is very pissed off. I will try to make some high resolution pics so you can guys see..

Moved to GD then.
happy-096.gif

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Good lesson for you "eagle eye" nit pickers who have never owned gen watches. Which is why Toro posted it. Gen watches are not perfect.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Good lesson for you "eagle eye" nit pickers who have never owned gen watches. Which is why Toro posted it. Gen watches are not perfect.

I thought gen watches never aged. And they are perfect.

Sent from 1:1 app made with a gen tapatalk as sample.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
With the last movement scandal, you wouldnt know where Panerai will cut cost next!

braith7

Renowned Member
29/4/11
Nooo! No way is that a gen. Your friend got taken surely?

Maybe a fixed up reject movement in a rep case?

I cant believe a ceramic Panerai could be coated steel.

Whats does ALE say???

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
Doesn't surprise me, gens are not some magical indestructible object, if you wear your watch like a dickhead, gen or rep will get messed up. I know a few guys who wear their gens all the time, doing heavy mechanical work and banging their watches all day long on 30 Tons pieces of machinerry. Then they complain how their gens are all scratched up.

Nooo! No way is that a gen. Your friend got taken surely?

Maybe a fixed up reject movement in a rep case?

I cant believe a ceramic Panerai could be coated steel.

Whats does ALE say???

A ceramic Pam is solid ceramic. This is a composite model and composite is coated.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
By the looks of this Pam, this is no different. Look at how many small scratches it has on the surface of the coating where is not completely chipped, not even my oldest watch has so many.
Looking at the location where it chipped, I bet this guy wore this Pam along with some of those steel bracelets with all kind of trinkets a lot of Instagram users find so trendy. If you think rubbing your watch for a year against some steel bracelet won't do nothing, you're a moron.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
By the looks of this Pam, this is no different. Look at how many small scratches it has on the surface of the coating where is not completely chipped, not even my oldest watch has so many.
Looking at the location where it chipped, I bet this guy wore this Pam along with some of those steel bracelets with all kind of trinkets a lot of Instagram users find so trendy. If you think rubbing your watch for a year against some steel bracelet won't do nothing, you're a moron.

Also the strap looks like a bag of dicks. This watch has been ridden pretty hard.

barth

5/10/12
Happy to save 9,000 bucks when I see this :)

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
This is why these models have all been discontinued. The Panerai composite is an aluminum base material that then receives a process to to create a ceramic surface. They have not done well, obviously. None of the models that they showed in a Luminor case actually went forward to production, and now the Radiomir models are discontinued.

smokiedabong

22/8/12
Also the strap looks like a bag of dicks. This watch has been ridden pretty hard.

That's why anyone who is rough with their watches, should never buy any type of coated watch unless they can deal with the scratches. A watch with coated aluminium case is not a G-Shock.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Look what I just found.

Panerai Composite is made of aluminium which undergoes a surface treatment, creating a hard layer of ceramic resulting from aluminium transformation. Panerai Composite is obtained through the electrochemical process of ceramization of aluminium, resulting in a material with unique features.

I never got a "composite" rep because I thought they were nothing like the gen. I'm a dumbass and I'm off to browse some TD sites.. ;)

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
I still receive messages asking if it´s a rep. Do you need more pics?

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
What's crazy is where the wear is. Most of it is on the underside. I would expect to see damage on the topside but underneath?